ADVERTISEMENT

Tigers vs Panthers Predictions

Will hate to see these boards if Pitt loses, the best team in the country didn’t even score an offensive touchdown against Clemson and we have people predicting Pitt to score over 30 against this defense
So should Georgia really be considered the best team in the country based on that? The first 3 games Clemson did not allow an offensive TD. Then 4, 1, and 2. Something has to give. I hope the more recent trend continues.

So what is your prediction?
I hope Pitt wins, I know overall Clemson has more talent and a great defense. I know Clemson’s offense is bad this year.

Looking at these other predictions people I think are a little too optimistic however, and will be very angry if things don’t turn out positively. I figure to see a lot of fire Narduzzi posts if things go left, which would be wrong imo.

So should Georgia really be considered the best team in the country based on that? The first 3 games Clemson did not allow an offensive TD. Then 4, 1, and 2. Something has to give. I hope the more recent trend continues.
NC State scored just two touchdowns on Clemson in regulation. This appears to be a great Clemson defense.

NC State scored just two touchdowns on Clemson in regulation. This appears to be a great Clemson defense.
Interestingly, based on FPI efficiency, Pitt actually has a higher rated defense. I agree with need for caution as well and am likely over confident in Pitt's offense. Clemson could easily be 6-0 right now, just not as dominate of win margins as in years past.

Reactions: TD#33
We, or at least most of us, know how these games typically go at Pitt. Maybe this year is different. I hope it is.

I see a low scoring contest with a Pitt win by 2 points.....something like 17-15, or 21-19. IF Pitt plays great defense and Kenny can keep the offense on the field for long stretches of time and control the ball.

iu-27.jpeg
Charlie Brown =Pitt fan Lucy=Pitt Football

I hope Pitt wins, I know overall Clemson has more talent and a great defense. I know Clemson’s offense is bad this year.

Looking at these other predictions people I think are a little too optimistic however, and will be very angry if things don’t turn out positively. I figure to see a lot of fire Narduzzi posts if things go left, which would be wrong imo.

So you want to rant but you do not predict what you think the score will be? wut?

34-17...Clemson but I pray I am wrong --- as I have season tix but no parking pass and purchased one for $220 on stub hub to tailgate. I have been in the stands for all of the usual let downs. Swinging gate, Cincy etc. I am just conditioned I guess. Hail to Pitt!

34-17...Clemson but I pray I am wrong --- as I have season tix but no parking pass and purchased one for $220 on stub hub to tailgate. I have been in the stands for all of the usual let downs. Swinging gate, Cincy etc. I am just conditioned I guess. Hail to Pitt!
See you at the game

It's not the same defense as when they played UGA. I think they are down their 2 starting D-tackles. They have had trouble remaining healthy. And offensively, I think Pitt is better than UGA.

So you want to rant but you do not predict what you think the score will be? wut?
There is a reason I don’t bet on sports, very unpredictable. I want Pitt to win like everyone else but predicting for Pitt to kick Clemson’s ass and dominate their defense like nobody else on their schedule has done?

I will say I hope these guys are right

There is a reason I don’t bet on sports, very unpredictable. I want Pitt to win like everyone else but predicting for Pitt to kick Clemson’s ass and dominate their defense like nobody else on their schedule has done?

It is a prediction thread duh

Will hate to see these boards if Pitt loses, the best team in the country didn’t even score an offensive touchdown against Clemson and we have people predicting Pitt to score over 30 against this defense
Alternatively.... Syracuse scored 14 against them. And Pitt's offense is twice as good as Syracuse's.

I think Pitt's offense is considerably better than GaTech, NCSU, BC, or Syracuse.

It's very unpredictable, as you say, but I think there is a lot of reason for optimism. You never know how a game is going to play out, but my prediction of a lopsided Pitt victory is based on my belief that Pitt is going to make Clemson play from behind. That is something that the Tigers really aren't built for, based on what we have seen from them so far, and I doubt they will respond well if they find themselves in that situation.

A lot of people here picking Clemson, which I get. I just don't see it though.

Pitt - 31
Clemson - 17

A lot of people here picking Clemson, which I get. I just don't see it though.

Pitt - 31
Clemson - 17
I can understand the logic. Pitt's defensive scheme sometimes leaves itself open to big plays. If Clemson connects on a couple and they are able to disrupt Kenny similar to last year, tomorrow could be a long day.

I think Pitt is better upfront this year and is better equipped to deal with the pressure Clemson will try to bring tomorrow.

While it's always great to get a good start, some games you can recover from a bad start (see Pitt@Tenn). This game is critical for Pitt to get a good start and get a lead. If we lead early, I think we can win by 10-14 pts something like 31-17.

However, if it is a tight nail-biter game like some are predicting, I thinks the scales tilt toward Clemson, something like 17-14 Clemson. In a tight game like this, an individual player making a great play can tilt the game and Clemson has more individual talent. If they get a pick 6 from a CB or a WR makes a big run after the catch for a 50 yard TD...something like that...I think that can put them over the top.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
While it's always great to get a good start, some games you can recover from a bad start (see Pitt@Tenn). This game is critical for Pitt to get a good start and get a lead. If we lead early, I think we can win by 10-14 pts something like 31-17.

However, if it is a tight nail-biter game like some are predicting, I thinks the scales tilt toward Clemson, something like 17-14 Clemson. In a tight game like this, an individual player making a great play can tilt the game and Clemson has more individual talent. If they get a pick 6 from a CB or a WR makes a big run after the catch for a 50 yard TD...something like that...I think that can put them over the top.

For sure. I think we need to get up early in this game to allow our defense to play with more aggression and go after their QB. Their line is compromised with their Center out again.

Interestingly, based on FPI efficiency, Pitt actually has a higher rated defense. I agree with need for caution as well and am likely over confident in Pitt's offense. Clemson could easily be 6-0 right now, just not as dominate of win margins as in years past.
6-0 They barely beat Syracuse, they are average at best Pitt 28 - 14

38 - 20 Panthers.

We get to see Izzy bust a long one to the house and Pitt's D does what it needs to do.

Captain Obvious: this is a big one!

Seems like a lot of Clemson fans are expecting to lose by 2 TDs or more.

They must read that site like the old Pitt boards of 15 + years ago. They all made a different title and then added to the posts after the title.

It was weird reading that after not seeing a board like that for years.

Pitt 27
Clemson 24

These programs will probably return to their accustomed roles next year, but that doesn’t matter today. Pitt’s offense a little too good, and Clemson’s offense not quite good enough.

Reactions: gopitt1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT