ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Benz article Narduzzi is overrated

Wow-very cool that you are headed to those things-congrats and have fun but does not make you a better fan. I guess I now feel obligated to tell you I'll be in the club on the Pitt side where I've been for ten years (before that down in 136 since Heinz opened and before that section 1 at Pitt Stadium.

Let's just just be honest here-you do have a narrative-it's anti Narduzzi.

I don't expect Pitt to win every game with ease-that is a recipe for disaster for every fan of pretty much every team in every sport and completely unrealistic. Particularly for one that has essentially sanctioned itself for years resulting in instability. Sometimes you need to take some lumps instead of, at the first sign of adversity, sowing the seeds of discontent that ultimately undermine the program's foundation and result in a Groundhog Day situation. We need to get out of that rut and a coach who goes 8-5 his first two years with some very impressive wins is not one you should be ripping to the degree you and a few others have.

H2P!
I'd say the people calling supporters "Nitters" are actually the lesser fans. Those type of fans won't be there Friday and Saturday, even if they find their way to the stands. I hope you enjoy and all Pitt fans enjoy a Pitt win.

I don't have a narrative. I am not, at all, anti Narduzzi. I'm not sold either way on him. I hope he can get the job done because I think there is a pretty solid chance he would stay if he had success, but the first key is having success. I don't "rip" on him, either. I'm honest about what has to happen to achieve what is expected. Right now, it isn't happening and if it doesn't happen we will have a new coach in 2-3 years. If that happens, I will, again, cheer for Pitt and hold the HC to a high standard.

Reactions: pittdan77
I'd say the people calling supporters "Nitters" are actually the lesser fans. Those type of fans won't be there Friday and Saturday, even if they find their way to the stands. I hope you enjoy and all Pitt fans enjoy a Pitt win.

I don't have a narrative. I am not, at all, anti Narduzzi. I'm not sold either way on him. I hope he can get the job done because I think there is a pretty solid chance he would stay if he had success, but the first key is having success. I don't "rip" on him, either. I'm honest about what has to happen to achieve what is expected. Right now, it isn't happening and if it doesn't happen we will have a new coach in 2-3 years. If that happens, I will, again, cheer for Pitt and hold the HC to a high standard.

I agree. God forbid I'm not impressed with the direction that HCPN has this program headed. I've got called a Nitter so many times on this board, I've lost count lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT