ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Ben DiNucci....!!!!

Sep 10, 2017
Hey Coach;

I think it is pretty obvious that the fans and the players are ready for Ben DiNucci to take over as starting QB.

Hey Coach;

I think it is pretty obvious that the fans and the players are ready for Ben DiNucci to take over as starting QB.
You might be right but I for one do not favor a QB change at this time. Post game review by Osborne suggested that there were 7 or 8 drops by receivers, granted he appears to have limitations but I think he still gives Pitt the best chance to win. Some fans might desire a change but I doubt the players are ready for a change when the receivers were a major part of the problem against ups. Perhaps in a week or two I could change my mind but I don't think there is a QB on roster that is prepared take the reins and win such as Peterman was when he replaced Voytik.

giphy.gif

Like everywhere...most popular guy in town is the 2nd string QB...LOL
Yeah the people that call for say Ben to be benched make me laugh. Of course it's tricky in college though. I'm gonna hold on making brash statements on the QB situation so early on, but at a time Voytik was 1st string with Peterman 2nd string.

Yeah, pretty funny the only people on this board calling for it are the notorious penn state fakes and people with under 10 post.

Not saying Browne is the answer, but jesus, how about we give the guy a chance first.

If you go by "measurable"/"physical tools" Browne is the guy, but it certainly looks like DiNucci has more command of playing the position IMO.

And what's up with McVittie? He must really be a bust?

If you go by "measurable"/"physical tools" Browne is the guy, but it certainly looks like DiNucci has more command of playing the position IMO.

And what's up with McVittie? He must really be a bust?

Supposedly McVittie is playing well in practice. He only played like 9 games in high school, so he is more raw than a vermonters diet

Yeah, Max has all the physical tools and the size, but it ultimately comes down to play-making skills......which he just doesn't have. He is too robotic and has zero mobility.

DiNucci has shown the ability for making plays and the players are even noticing.

“Big spark,” Weah called him. “I mean, that just goes to show that he was ready.”

I don't know if this is, or has to be the week you'd make a change. But if it continues in this vein, it can't be too many more weeks. OSU might not be the time, but would hate to sacrifice the first conference game (coming up fast behind) which you face doing if you either go with Browne again (after he might falter again vs OSU), or if you'd go with DiNucci (or one of the others) at GT with no further experience. Not great options either way, don't envy the coaches.

I remember all the posts about 7-8 years ago proclaiming "Tino Time!" How did that workout?

The best QB on the roster right now is Kenny Pickett. He had a great spring game. I got a feeling that Nick Patti will be the best or second best next year....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT