Silbey - was he injured late?

Wrs - Smith, O'Neill and Butler
DL - Palmer
LBs - Tucker and Nunn
Dbs - Garner and Tallendier
RS Fr - late reaches Temple and Dick

Reactions: columbus mike
What the **** is wrong with you?
Alright. You are angry I dare speculate on such things. If not me someone else will.

It has happened and will happen every year. Posters love to speculate on how many scholarships we will have to fill and who we might get. Looking at the two deep, it is pretty evident on who might be on the way out.

Nunn plays on the kickoff-return team - maybe other special teams.

Can’t get rid of any young Olinemen - especially tackles like Mr. Dick...

Go Pitt.

Nunn plays on the kickoff-return team - maybe other special teams.

Can’t get rid of any young Olinemen - especially tackles like Mr. Dick...

Go Pitt.
Agree that numbers on the OL are a concern. Is Dick a Canadian? That may explain his low rating.

Wayne played in Canadai except senior season. Was lower (read that underrated). Feel Wayne will be an excellent player here. Maybe Dick will be too.

L.Smith and S.Dennis saw more time on defense than Nunn. Not a good sign.

i feel like we need to give JRip some love here on any of these "move on to their life's work" threads.

who is pushed out thread?

My guesses:

B.Ford already gone

DL - Palmer
LBs - Tucker and Nunn
tallandier? Why is he leaving? dude is redshirting, right? We are already giving up on him..

tallandier? Why is he leaving? dude is redshirting, right? We are already giving up on him..
I thought he would have seen the field already. He was somewhat touted and is in his sophomore academic year.

Players like Stocker, Coleman, Garner and similar situation Hallett played ahead of him. Woods played some as well though maybe only as a return man.

i could be wrong but I thought they are converting him to TE, if they are than thats why he didnt play

I thought he would have seen the field already. He was somewhat touted and is in his sophomore academic year.

Players like Stocker, Coleman, Garner and similar situation Hallett played ahead of him. Woods played some as well though maybe only as a return man.
well it could be that he is a CB. i don't know for sure. this staff moves CBs to S and back so i don't know the latest position that Tallandier is at. if he is at CB, that would explain it. If he is at Safety, and still not seeing the field, well that is a tad troubling..

from his bio on the pitt site, he is still recording tackles as a defensive player so i don't think he moved to TE.

well it could be that he is a CB. i don't know for sure. this staff moves CBs to S and back so i don't know the latest position that Tallandier is at. if he is at CB, that would explain it. If he is at Safety, and still not seeing the field, well that is a tad troubling..
Coleman is listed on the two deep as a corner.

If Tallindier was a player, my guess is even if the staff saw him as a corner long term, the staff would have moved him to safety due to the lack of players that were the depth,

Not playing at all for two full years is not encouraging.

My guesses:

B.Ford already gone

DL - Palmer
LBs - Tucker and Nunn
Sibley has been injured for a while. he is a redshirt soph. Doubt he gets pushed out.

My guesses:

B.Ford already gone

DL - Palmer
LBs - Tucker and Nunn

WR - I don't think Butler-Jenkins will leave. He's seen quite a bit of playing time, no? I know that tapered off toward the end of the year, but he could be dealing with any injury or something. None of the other guys, of the ones you mentioned, leaving would surprise me. Although it would be a shame to not watch Michael Smith catch his annual bomb in the Spring Game this year.

DL - Eh, not sure if I would rule Palmer out just yet. Wouldn't Mimes be in the same boat (2018 recruits who haven't really played much)? I guess they could go either way, but I would expect them back.

LB - I could see Tucker leaving. As others have said, Nunn plays quite a bit on special teams (I didn't realize he could be moving to TE, if in fact that is true). We're losing at least three guys, so I think guys will wait at least until Spring to see how the positions are shaking out. I suspect the starters will be Bright, Pine, and Campbell. Seems like Sirvocea Davis and Leslie Smith may have surpassed Wendell Davis, but I'm not sure which positions those three will end up at.

DB - Tallandier is way too young to give up on (Paris Ford, anybody?). At least one of Garner and/or Coleman will probably need to fill that Stocker role at safety. I could see the other moving on, I guess. And I realize some of these guys are shuffling around a bit between CB and S.

All of this said, you just never know. Jester Weah didn't show up until his senior year. Dintino and Herndon sort of came out of nowhere to have pretty god senior campaigns, also. Shoot, look at a guy like Anthony McKee... it seemed like the staff was genuinely disappointed to see him go (if I read them right), and he hadn't done much of anything in the four (or whatever it was) years he was here. Statistically, I think only about half of every class finishes their eligibility with the team that recruiting them, so we'll undoubtedly see some guys moving on. I just don't know if it's always as easy to identify as it may appear to us fans. Often times, yes. But we don't see these guys practice every day, and I think we might be surprised in some cases.

WR - I don't think Butler-Jenkins will leave. He's seen quite a bit of playing time, no? I know that tapered off toward the end of the year, but he could be dealing with any injury or something. None of the other guys, of the ones you mentioned, leaving would surprise me. Although it would be a shame to not watch Michael Smith catch his annual bomb in the Spring Game this year.

DL - Eh, not sure if I would rule Palmer out just yet. Wouldn't Mimes be in the same boat (2018 recruits who haven't really played much)? I guess they could go either way, but I would expect them back.

LB - I could see Tucker leaving. As others have said, Nunn plays quite a bit on special teams (I didn't realize he could be moving to TE, if in fact that is true). We're losing at least three guys, so I think guys will wait at least until Spring to see how the positions are shaking out. I suspect the starters will be Bright, Pine, and Campbell. Seems like Sirvocea Davis and Leslie Smith may have surpassed Wendell Davis, but I'm not sure which positions those three will end up at.

DB - Tallandier is way too young to give up on (Paris Ford, anybody?). At least one of Garner and/or Coleman will probably need to fill that Stocker role at safety. I could see the other moving on, I guess. And I realize some of these guys are shuffling around a bit between CB and S.

All of this said, you just never know. Jester Weah didn't show up until his senior year. Dintino and Herndon sort of came out of nowhere to have pretty god senior campaigns, also. Shoot, look at a guy like Anthony McKee... it seemed like the staff was genuinely disappointed to see him go (if I read them right), and he hadn't done much of anything in the four (or whatever it was) years he was here. Statistically, I think only about half of every class finishes their eligibility with the team that recruiting them, so we'll undoubtedly see some guys moving on. I just don't know if it's always as easy to identify as it may appear to us fans. Often times, yes. But we don't see these guys practice every day, and I think we might be surprised in some cases.
Jester showed up big in his Junior year, then disappointed some as a senior...

Soto was a guy who didn’t do much for three years at DE, then was outstanding as a senior at defensive tackle. So crazy things can happen...

Go Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT