ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of losing in Final 4’s!!

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
How many are we up to? 5 in the last 5 years? Plus a handful of elite 8 losses?

Sheesh!!!

Come on Pitt! Do better!

In all seriousness, these are the good ole days. Soak it in and there’s more to come.

How many are we up to? 5 in the last 5 years? Plus a handful of elite 8 losses?

Sheesh!!!

Come on Pitt! Do better!

In all seriousness, these are the good ole days. Soak it in and there’s more to come.
Three final fours.All in the last three years.They will get it done.This team in my opinion had that special it factor but sometimes you still fall short.Got to build our team to beat the cardinal,the corn and Tex.We proved we could beat wisc.on their home floor no less.

Last edited:
Three final fours.All in the last three years.They will get it done.This team in my opinion had that special it factor but sometimes you still fall short.Got to build our team to beat the cardinal,the corn and Tex.We proved we could beat wisc.on their home floor no less.
Men’s soccer doesn’t count? And womens soccer accounts for one of those elite 8’s.

H2P

Last edited:
We are not elite yet but we are closing in on it. The fresh will be seadoned vets next year and they will be even better handling the pressure. My hope is Babcock works on her power serves so she gets more in than out. Last night she had 4-5 errors , 3 that were in, and one point to show for it. Im just going by memory so i am probably off a bit. Need a couple impact portal players.

Was at the game last night. Great experience. Great live sport to attend. Amalie was at near capacity. Great crowd.

Unfortunately Nebraska is the better team. We couldn't defend their attacks from the right outside hitter.

Also we had more unforced errors.

I will say this. I cam now say I know what it's like to be a Buffalo Bill's fan. Getting to the finals is nice. But it really starts to sting and almost feels worse to lose this way.

Nebraska is about as close as you can get to some of the all-time dominant college teams. Think UNLV back in the day. Just an amazing amount of talent. Really thought Pitt could work them over a little bit defensively but that never happened.

Recall, this was to be something of a down year for the program back in September. Pretty good run considering.

Too bad Pitt lost again in a F4, but Nebraska is clearly way better than they are, they got destroyed. Kind of amazing as Pitt is in the top 4 legitimately.

Reactions: Chaos
We are not elite yet but we are closing in on it. The fresh will be seadoned vets next year and they will be even better handling the pressure. My hope is Babcock works on her power serves so she gets more in than out. Last night she had 4-5 errors , 3 that were in, and one point to show for it. Im just going by memory so i am probably off a bit. Need a couple impact portal players.
I think your math was correct. Live by the serve; die by the serve

Too bad Pitt lost again in a F4, but Nebraska is clearly way better than they are, they got destroyed. Kind of amazing as Pitt is in the top 4 legitimately.
I wouldnt say destroyed but maybe not far off from it. We needed that 2nd set and were close.

Reactions: pittdan77
I thought you were just talking about volleyball.Obviously they all count and something to be proud of.
Yeah my OP sucked to be honest. What I really wanted to say is that we’ve come so far as an athletic Dept. Every year we make the Final 4 in a sport and honestly have reached a point to where it’s a disappointment if we don’t.

Of all our sports, Vball, men’s soccer, and women’s soccer teams, I think the team that had the best chance was the one men’s soccer team that lost 1-0 to Indiana when IU parked the bus and transitioned on us for one goal. I think we had the best team in the country that year. I think we are over due at this point to advance past a national semifinal.

I wouldnt say destroyed but maybe not far off from it. We needed that 2nd set and were close.
The 2nd set they made a run at the end and cut it to 24-23, then served it out of play to end it after trailing like 24-17? That was the closest they got. Early in the first set it felt competitive, it was like 8-8 then a Pitt point got overturned on review and it started to go south

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT