ADVERTISEMENT

To be clear, I don't want Narduzzi fired.

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
I want him to wise the f*** up and bench Jurkovec. And then in the offseason, cut Cignetti loose. Then have a "come to Jesus moment" where he realizes that in TODAY'S college football you win with a passing game and a dynamic offense.

He has hard evidence of this in his three best seasons (2016, 2021, and 2022) being the 3 of his 9 years in which his team put up decent numbers in the air.

Why on earth he would want to move AWAY from that and back to some 1971-style Big Ten football is beyond me. YOUR PREFERRED WAY OF PLAYING DOESN'T WIN IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN 2023, PAT! I know you hated Whipple - but Whipple is right about offense. Hire someone with the same mindset as Whipple who you can stomach getting along with.

Did you like winning the 2021 ACC Title? You won it because your offense was the 3rd-highest scoring offense in the country that year, and the highest scoring in Pitt's history. You didn't win it with 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust.

You're smarter than this, Pat. Swallow your pride and adapt. And it starts this week by changing QBs and telling Cignetti he needs to open the offense up or lose his job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News