ADVERTISEMENT

Today’s baseball game

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Not sure why McKennitt was in the game today.

In our previous two games our starters gave us 9 innings and 8 innings. The bullpen was quite rested.

Pitt has used 13 pitchers. He is one of two that have pitched the least.

Last edited:
Only thing I can think of is that with the series already in hand, it’s an opportunity to get a guy a little action against a quality ACC opponent, rather than potentially saving him for Bucknell this week.

Wonder who Wednesday’s starter will be - if Corcoran’s healthy, or if they go with a younger kid like Pouliot or Ferguson.

Only thing I can think of is that with the series already in hand, it’s an opportunity to get a guy a little action against a quality ACC opponent, rather than potentially saving him for Bucknell this week.

Wonder who Wednesday’s starter will be - if Corcoran’s healthy, or if they go with a younger kid like Pouliot or Ferguson.
If no Corcoran, my guess would be Pouliot.

I didn’t understand why after tying the game up 4-4, you would go that deep into the bullpen and basically let the game get out of hand. Lester hadn’t warmed up all weekend and Smith hadn’t pitched. McCann had faced 3 hitters.

This game counted in the ACC standings. A midweek game against Bucknell or whoever doesn’t.

Reactions: gary2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT