ADVERTISEMENT

Today's PG High School Preview. Article on 5 Star Quentin Martin

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
And they had an interesting sidebar. They listed all of the kids who were ranked 5 stars from 2006 until now, from Rivals and 247.

Quentin Martin 2022 (JR)
Terrelle Pryor 2008
Jon Baldwin 2008
Corey Brown 2009
Dorian Bell 2009
Rushel Shell 2012
Robert Foster 2013
Dorian Johnson 2013
Miles Sanders 2016
Lamont Wade 2017

That's it, that's the list. But what struck me, when we think of "Western PA 5 star, the best of the best and likely a top 30 player in the country, we would think of Marino, Fralic, Bray, Arrington. I have to say overall, pretty underwhelming. I am thinking Sanders would end up being the most successful. Pryor was the biggest name. Rushel Shell is somewhat the modern version of Brian Davis. But let's be honest, even Jon Baldwin and DoJo were disappointments all things considered. The two guys ranked ahead of Baldwin at WR that year? AJ Green and Julio Jones. Dorian Bell was a bust. Corey Brown was probably overrated. Foster, we all know his story, he likely made a bad college choice. And Lamont Wade well again, with his size, probably should not have been a 5 star.

But not to kick on WPIAL HS football, but even our 5 stars have been overall disappointing. Which brings me to Q Martin. I would love to have him. I would be more than happy he comes to Pitt. But he so reminds me of Dorin Dickerson. Just plus athlete with tweener size at various positions. So it will be interesting to see where he ends up (position wise).

Reactions: ShibaPanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News