ADVERTISEMENT

Tongues and Handshake

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
Watching game over I am not sure that I would say the UCLA QB was sticking out his tongue at our players. Seemed more like an action of a player realizing what their last game meant to their legacy. Don’t get me wrong the kid is a d!ck but the tongue seems to be one of his minor offenses.

Also Chip Kelly did shake Duzz’s hand. You could see it right after the tongue with Duzz wearing two hats on his head.

Great game. Why look for other crap to gripe about?

Maybe DTR didn't handle the emotions of the moment all that well, but you do have to feel for the kid. I don't think he has any real shot at the NFL, does he? Does any mock draft have him as a draft pick as opposed to UFA? He must have known that this was his final football game of his life and, like I said, that has to be incredibly emotional.

Maybe DTR didn't handle the emotions of the moment all that well, but you do have to feel for the kid. I don't think he has any real shot at the NFL, does he? Does any mock draft have him as a draft pick as opposed to UFA? He must have known that this was his final football game of his life and, like I said, that has to be incredibly emotional.
I agree with you. His actions were almost like a realization about what was lost in that game than trying to antagonize Pitt.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Yeah, not sure the gripes on those things. Devonshire and a few other players ran over to him and mocked him. It seemed more like a reaction of "Yeah, you got me".

Would have liked to see our guys be above that but I suppose they were battling all day and it was deserved. I agree, it seemed like the kid’s reaction was more one of embarrassment than anything else.

As for Kelly, it was odd he wasn’t at midfield for the handshake for a few minutes. Maybe he was trying to corral his players. Or maybe he was sulking like his QB did earlier before cooler heads prevailed?

the tongue was absolute directed at our players. You can see after the INT MJ, Williams, Simons, etc run towards the ucla sideline looking for him. They found him at about the 35.

The camera cuts to him and right before he smirks and throws the tongue out there’s a flash of white and gold in front of the camera.

And good for our guys. The way he acted he deserved it. The way their team acted — I thought they were the cheapest and dirtiest team we’ve played in some time. What did we have to do to get a roughing penalty yesterday? Between the punt and several late shots on Patti, ucla players laying on the pile and throwing knees at our guys after tackles. Both teams have the personalities of their coaches. Proud ours has Duzz!

And there must’ve been a week long of cocking off by DTR to get DC Randy Bates who never tweets, to tweet out a video of the headbutt on Williams. That guy is as cool and mellow as they come.

Good for our guys. Let him hear it! DTR- you’ve played your last meaningful football game

Not sure what precipitated the near brawl before the game. The punk attitude carried into the game with the QB headbutt. UCLA plays Utah and some tough teams so I’m sure it wasn’t an inferior complex kinda thing with a tough eastern team coming to town. I didn’t see DTR act like that during their annual rival uniform game. Hmm.

the tongue was absolute directed at our players. You can see after the INT MJ, Williams, Simons, etc run towards the ucla sideline looking for him. They found him at about the 35.

The camera cuts to him and right before he smirks and throws the tongue out there’s a flash of white and gold in front of the camera.

And good for our guys. The way he acted he deserved it. The way their team acted — I thought they were the cheapest and dirtiest team we’ve played in some time. What did we have to do to get a roughing penalty yesterday? Between the punt and several late shots on Patti, ucla players laying on the pile and throwing knees at our guys after tackles. Both teams have the personalities of their coaches. Proud ours has Duzz!

And there must’ve been a week long of cocking off by DTR to get DC Randy Bates who never tweets, to tweet out a video of the headbutt on Williams. That guy is as cool and mellow as they come.

Good for our guys. Let him hear it! DTR- you’ve played your last meaningful football game
You are reading too much into it. But maybe I am also misinterpreting the hugs and handshake the kid was giving to a couple of our players during the Patti interview Or thereabouts.

Last edited:
You are reading too much into it. But maybe I am also misinterpreting the hugs and handshake the kid was giving to a couple of our players during the Patti interview Or thereabouts.
Right. He was good about George knocking him into next week on the sideline hit. Of course he had to be with the one PF in his pocket.

His whole injury situation was “weird” though, right? Seemed like he was favoring different body parts. One moment looking OK. Another moment limping badly.

Maybe I’m wrong…and I hate to assume things…but didn’t look like someone eager to get back in once things went south.

His whole injury situation was “weird” though, right? Seemed like he was favoring different body parts. One moment looking OK. Another moment limping badly.

Maybe I’m wrong…and I hate to assume things…but didn’t look like someone eager to get back in once things went south.

Back injuries can be completely debilitating. And sometimes you can be perfectly fine, and then turn or twist just the wrong way and be in excruciating pain.

Back injuries can be completely debilitating. And sometimes you can be perfectly fine, and then turn or twist just the wrong way and be in excruciating pain.

Yeah I’m assuming it was legitimate. Kid seemed like a competitor up to that point, I would highly doubt he would willingly take himself out of the game.

I did wonder if maybe Kelly benched him and all of that was a show to feign injury out of embarrassment.

Thompson Robinson or what ever his name is was a pretty arrogant idiot in the first half, then he faked an injury in second half not be there if Pitt won, but as soon as ucla scored and took the lead 35 - 34 with 34 secs he came back out high fiveing, hugging team mates thinking they had the game, but, after the game winning fg he had very sick look on his face, he was totally humbled

I agree that Coach Bates is cool, but he’s not “mellow” when coaching his defense. The guy wants his players to be ultra-aggressive. Think of the plight of the WF QB in the championship game…

Go Pitt.

I agree that Coach Bates is cool, but he’s not “mellow” when coaching his defense. The guy wants his players to be ultra-aggressive. Think of the plight of the WF QB in the championship game…

Go Pitt.

Not sure what precipitated the near brawl before the game. The punk attitude carried into the game with the QB headbutt. UCLA plays Utah and some tough teams so I’m sure it wasn’t an inferior complex kinda thing with a tough eastern team coming to town. I didn’t see DTR act like that during their annual rival uniform game. Hmm.
Pat Bosick said during the radio broadcast that one of UCLA's players entered Pitt's locker room during pregame. Supposedly this player said something regarding all you 2nd stringers are going to get your asses kicked. So I'm assuming this was what lit a match for all the issues. It was nice to see Pitt refuse to back down.

Pat Bosick said during the radio broadcast that one of UCLA's players entered Pitt's locker room during pregame. Supposedly this player said something regarding all you 2nd stringers are going to get your asses kicked. So I'm assuming this was what lit a match for all the issues. It was nice to see Pitt refuse to back down.
Shouldn't there be security to prevent shit like that?

I guess you have never injured your back. A back injury can cause a multitude of symptoms of varying degrees. Why would the guy fake an injury in the 4th quarter of his last college football game?

I guess you have never injured your back. A back injury can cause a multitude of symptoms of varying degrees. Why would the guy fake an injury in the 4th quarter of his last college football game?

Without context you’d think not. After throwing 3 INTs, losing a 14 point second half lead, throwing for 8 yards after halftime and cocking off the entire game… YES!!!!

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT