ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to complete man cave

Pittnerski

Freshman
Sep 11, 2013
Anyone have any cool pitt stuff they would be willing to sell? And price?
Here's what I have:
Signed Dorsett Pitt is It SI Cover
pitt stadium last game framed poster
Heinz field clock
Signed McCoy Helmet
Signed McCoy 8x10 from 13-9 :)
Signed Palko 8x10
Pitt LED Bar sign

Any ideas or input?

Pittnerski, I'm in the process of doing the same, the room is framed, the PITT Blue and Gold paint is ready. I'm starting my collecting now, I have and not selling a bottle of whiskey that has the scores, opponents from the 1976 season, really cool.

Good luck !

1976 national championship bottle of wisky is a classic!! That's a great start. I think I might get a print of the 76' team photo and put it somewhere

All right Chains, what do you want for the bottle ( with the whiskey )?

I have my old game tickets on a bar table that has maybe 20 coats of polyurethane that is sweet

I'll take a picture and post.

A buddy of mine was doing a favor for someone cleaning out an old bar near Aliquippa and came across the whiskey and immediately thought of me.

It is a classic ! But I'm keeping.

Another item for my man cave is a 1969 Iron City Sport Center with photos of Gene Alley, Maz, Roberto, Bob Veale, Stargell, Blass, Alou, Walker, Patek and Moose. The thing is 2 feet x 3 feet with the entire schedule and small scoreboard.

I grew up in a similar area to Aliquippa and no one I know would have kept the whiskey in the bottle…..what gives?
Originally posted by Pittnerski:
Anyone have any cool pitt stuff they would be willing to sell? And price?
Here's what I have:
Signed Dorsett Pitt is It SI Cover
pitt stadium last game framed poster
Heinz field clock
Signed McCoy Helmet
Signed McCoy 8x10 from 13-9 :)
Signed Palko 8x10
Pitt LED Bar sign

Any ideas or input?

If your Michter's Whiskey bottle still holds whiskey, it must have been recorked. The 48 year old cork under the panther , like mine, would have dried out and the spirits evaporated.

I would get rid of the back to the future poster. It would remind me too much of the 70-0 OSU game.

I have one of those prints (made in 1977) that has the headlines of the newspapers during Pitt's National Championship run.. very hard to find I think... Large Poster size, like 3 x 3

Some things I have

I'm not willing to part with any of it, but some things I have in mine:

1. Ironhead Halloween mask from 1987 when Pitt was promoting 'Head for the Heisman. Iron City Beer put out the mask, and it says "Pitt is Pumping Iron" on the back.

2. 1976 SI cover with Dorsett on it, signed by Majors

3. 1980 SI cover with Hugh Green on it, signed by Green

4. Newspaper article about last game at Pitt Stadium, framed with all ticket stubs from that season

5. Newspaper article from Pitt's 1997 win over WVU, signed by Walt Harris

6. Life size 1976 "Heading for the Heisman" SI cover (not signed)

7. Game program from 1997 win over Miami, signed by Pistol Pete

8. Newspaper article from 2013 win over ND, signed by Chryst (this one will probably come down to make room for something else)

9. Newspaper article from 1983 win over ND, signed by Foge Fazio

10. Game program from 1983 tie with PSU, signed by Foge Fazio

I also have some "Back to the Future stuff.....

...although not on the walls of my Pitt room. I have a "Back to the Future" t-shirt and a Back to the Future button.

Ski, fortunately I had Pirate baseballs my Dad gave me that were from Forbes Field from sitting in the left field bleachers some signed by numerous players and really unfortunately my Sister pitched when help clean out my Mothers house after she passed. The best part of my PITT man cave will be me remembering my Dad(also PITT grad) holding my brothers and my hand walking up cardiac hill. As I type this and tears on my checks, thanks to my PITT brothers and sisters for letting me share.

HAIL TO PITT !

Re: Some things I have

V, I have a piece of PITT Stadium concrete with the tan paint on it from Gate 1 sitting on top of the piece PITT Stadium turf. I have a large piece that I went and pulled up during demo. Remind me to bring you a piece next time we will see each other.

I also have a 1961 PITT- Mich St program with a full page Ditka pic inside that I would like to have him sign. And I made replica helmets from different eras old to current and have them all on a shelf with my actual helmet in the mix.

Re: Some things I have

Thanks. I already have some turf. I went down to the stadium on my lunch break when they were tearing it up and they let me take a piece.

Have a lot of posters through the years only have 2 up 86 -87 bb Evans, calipari, smith, Rax Roast Beef neither signed
Artwork Final Climb signed by Fralic, Pitt greats in frontt of stadium signed by Johnnie Majors
helmets signed Revis, Covert, Marino,Coleman
lots of 8x10, Donald, McCoy,Brown Congemi,Van Pelt
mags signed Harris Kirkland,
Favorites framed 2003 Phil Steele by signed by Fitzgerald, and inside panther sports by Bryant
Framed program of last game at Pitt stadium signed by Dorsett and Gary Burley, centered between SI covers of Pitt is it, headlong to the heisman
Section of wall, Pitt neon clock centered by signed photos of green and Jackson, pennett from 80 Gator bowl and old panther pennett with 1980 college football annual with sherrill centered between green and jackson
Cup from Pitt stadium 1976, IC beer can 1980 national champs, panther tails pieces of blue and gold fabric given at NC Pitt game at 3 rivers stadium, pennett and program of 1976 sugar bowl
My very favorite Posters of last game at Pitt Stadium and poster of first game at the Pete where I can see myself in both and my very favorite a panther Club TU signed by Pat Bostick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT