ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers and injuries kill us

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
Obviously the turnovers were the main reason we lost.

and obviously Dillion ran phenomenally hard and caused most of the injuries. But Twyman, Watts, Jackson, Hamlin, Donaldson, Ford all got injured. We had a lot of second stringers in.

Have to tip your hat to BC and in particular Dillon. They played well. Our offense can’t score against most any defense, and BC played good enough to keep us out of the end zone

Some of those factors may be factors, but Narduzzi is the biggest reason we're routinely mediocre. I've never seen a coach that moronic and who prepares his teams so little for any game.

Reactions: columbus mike
Key penalties all year, 2nd and goal from 1 turns into 2nd and goal from the 6, 7 points turns into 3..........
I don't have a big issue with play calling or scheme, I don't even have a issue with admittedly subpar recruiting. I do have a issue with the lack of discipline and stupidity on display by Pitt players. Most the fumbles haven't been helmet on ball type of hits they have just been mostly unforced.

Reactions: Parkview57
BC backfield of Dillon and that other kid (240 lbs) is what I want Pitt to look like, and what they’ve had more often than not in recent history. Last year’s offense was too predicable, and this year's was too. Need balance with a lean towards the run game.

I have defended pn on here all year, but also said the undisciplined play would cost them games that's what happened today. Ultimately the players are the f*ckups but it's the coaches job to get these f*ckups to make a few less mistakes

and to recruit better players. If a GM in baseball has a team that loses 95 games is it ultimately his fault or the players’ fault. They lost the game, but who assembled the team?

it’s a stupid argument.

BC backfield of Dillon and that other kid (240 lbs) is what I want Pitt to look like, and what they’ve had more often than not in recent history. Last year’s offense was too predicable, and this year's was too. Need balance with a lean towards the run game.
And that great backfield got them a 6-6 record, while our pair of 1K yd rushers last year got us 7-7.

Need more than just one aspect of your team to click to get beyond this 6-8 win purgatory, just never seems to go that way. Next year if they win 7-8 again, I’m sure it’ll be something like the O improving a bit, but the D regressing just enough as well.

and to recruit better players. If a GM in baseball has a team that loses 95 games is it ultimately his fault or the players’ fault. They lost the game, but who assembled the team?

it’s a stupid argument.

But our record equates to a baseball team that won 95 games genius.

I think these posters are right, you are a troll.

Reactions: Pittguy93
He put together a roster of trash players , and a historically inept offense .

oh and we are also one of the most penalized teams in football .

So - he has everything to do with this loss
It’s why he’s getting overpaid

Everything you just said was incorrect. But hey, don’t let facts get in your way.

Recruiting killed it. Even Pickett talked about it in the post-game. You have inexperienced WR's out there playing who have no business being on the field in a P5 game. End of story. Narduzzi not taking a WR from the portal was a killer. You got a freshman 2-star Old Dominion recruit out there fumbling and dropping passes and act all outraged like it was an act of God.

Reactions: H2P 2003

and obviously Dillion ran phenomenally hard and caused most of the injuries. But Twyman, Watts, Jackson, Hamlin, Donaldson, Ford all got injured. We had a lot of second stringers in.

Have to tip your hat to BC and in particular Dillon. They played well. Our offense can’t score against most any defense, and BC played good enough to keep us out of the end zone

Come on man injuries had nothing to do with this outcome Most of those guys played the entire game

this was on the coaches. Same stupid penalties all year. The offense has been a joke. BC simply wanted it more than Pitt and that’s on the coaches

Come on man injuries had nothing to do with this outcome Most of those guys played the entire game

this was on the coaches. Same stupid penalties all year. The offense has been a joke. BC simply wanted it more than Pitt and that’s on the coaches
You say it’s on the coaches then say same penalties. Which of course the coaches have nothing to do with.

You say it’s on the coaches then say same penalties. Which of course the coaches have nothing to do with.

really. Procedure penalties at the end or the year have nothing to do with coaching?

this team is indisciplined. The garbage before games is just one example

duh the players.

Are you even being serious? Are you new to football? Life?
Why are those same players on the field ?
Why aren’t they coached up or benched ?

hint
Our coaches are a problem .

Pop quiz - what has been the success rate out of timeouts / in particular on defense since that’s the coaches specialty !

Does it seem like his coaching gives them a better chance to succeed in these situations ?

Pitt shares the facilities with the Steelers and damn if they dont mirror each other.Play like crap in the Redzone,idiotic penalties,poor clock management,stupid timeouts.

Having an offensive line that plays with the toughness god gave a florist hurts us.

Reactions: President Stache
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT