ADVERTISEMENT

TV ratings for last week of regular season

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Found this. How bout Cal/Stanford only getting 51,000 viewers? I know both teams arent good but that wouldn't even be a good number locally, let alone nationally. Lowest of the week was 13,000 for a MAAC game on ESPNU. Pitt/NC State on The CW got 200K+

They women's conference tournaments got very high ratings.

I’m curious about how you know so much about networks and this kind of stuff. There has to be a market for consulting on this kind of stuff.

I’m partially asking because we recently got a second home. We are far from rich but if you keep working and now getting social security plus crazy CA based pay, I guess we can afford it. Grandkids will make you do this stuff. Anyway, each place has different internet providers and different local channels. We live in California on the central coast and got an apartment in San Francisco. We recently dumped our local cable company since we were paying over 300 to Spectrum and extra for Hulu, Netflix, NBA streaming and the other stuff. First, we found out we couldn’t get the Lakers even when they were on TNT then we found Hulu streaming wouldn’t work on a second location. We started getting peacock, paramount and lots or other channels to watch local tv and now I’ll bet we are paying 500 or 600 dollars per month for a few iPhones, internet and tv. It’s crazy.
We just signed up for direct tv now and this is going to add to the cost but hopefully this will let us dump everything else. The bad news is that this one comes with a two year commitment.
Since you seem to be knowledgeable in this area, what’s the best way to go?

Last edited:
Found this. How bout Cal/Stanford only getting 51,000 viewers? I know both teams arent good but that wouldn't even be a good number locally, let alone nationally. Lowest of the week was 13,000 for a MAAC game on ESPNU. Pitt/NC State on The CW got 200K+

They women's conference tournaments got very high ratings.

2 things really jump out. 1 million viewers for both a women’s quarterfinal and semifinal conference tourney game on a CONFERENCE NETWORK (BTN) is insane. The Caitlin Clark phenomenon is amazing to watch.

People bitch all the time about the bandwidth ESPN gives to UNC and Duke games but the ratings deliver 100% of the time.

I’m curious about how you know so much about networks and this kind of stuff. There has to be a market for consulting on this kind of stuff.

I’m partially asking because we recently got a second home. We are far from rich but if you keep working and now getting social security plus crazy CA based pay, I guess we can afford it. Grandkids will make you do this stuff. Anyway, each place has different internet providers and different local channels. We live in California on the central coast and got an apartment in San Francisco. We recently dumped our local cable company since we were paying over 300 to Spectrum and extra for Hulu, Netflix, NBA streaming and the other stuff. First, we found out we couldn’t get the Lakers even when they were on TNT then we found Hulu streaming wouldn’t work on a second location. We started getting peacock, paramount and lots or other channels to watch local tv and now I’ll bet we are paying 500 or 600 dollars per month for a few iPhones, internet and tv. It’s crazy.
We just signed up for direct tv now and this is going to add to the cost but hopefully this will let us dump everything else. The bad news is that this one comes with a two year commitment.
Since you seem to be knowledgeable in this area, what’s the best way to go?

Not familiar with Cali but YouTube TV is hard to beat. What channels (and teams) do you and your family HAVE TO watch?

Really we watch no network tv except local news and watch college and pro basketball and football. Other than that, we would probably keep Netflix's, the apple one with movies, news and TV plus prime. Maybe I’ll try out tube tv, that and sling seem to be just about tho only ones I haven’t tried.

Really we watch no network tv except local news and watch college and pro basketball and football. Other than that, we would probably keep Netflix's, the apple one with movies, news and TV plus prime. Maybe I’ll try out tube tv, that and sling seem to be just about tho only ones I haven’t tried.

YouTube TV or Sling TV would be my pick for you though I would check to see if both offer the local regional sports networks if you absolutely have to watch most of your local NBA/NHL/MLB games and cant make due with just the nationally televised games. Also, I dont think anyone needs more than 1 streaming service at the same time. Get Neftlix for 6 months, watch what you need to, then Switch to Apple, and then by the time you switch back to Netflix, there will be more to watch.

Reactions: gilligan 3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT