ADVERTISEMENT

TV

I have good high-speed internet, and it still freezes up sometimes, coming through a cable it almost never is impacted unless the source has a problem.

I think some people want to be adamant that whatever is the newest technology is always better immediately and want to blame the users if it doesn't go right for them or if they question its superiority, Like they are stupid Old Boomers or streaming issues is always the user's fault because they don't pay for the best internet. IMO streaming is always inferior to cable, even if you pay double for gold standard internet. Maybe someday that won't be true, but right now it is.
It’s not new technology .
Google chromecast came out 9 years ago
Roku came out 14 years ago

The Penguins play tonight so ATTSN was never going to happen.
Its a holiday. They could have played it before or after the Pens game. 9:30 on a Friday night is better than those 9PM Tuesday games. Or would it have been completely out of line to play it on Thursday?

As I said though, ACCN should have done a 5/7/9 tripleheader. No reason this game couldn't make regular TV in the year 2022.

its 2022, my tv has 1900 channels, and i cant watch a pitt hoops game without signing onto some site and subscribing so i can watch it on my phone.

In 1985, my tv had 6 stations and i watched every damn pitt game on tv.. in 1986, i snuck out of bed and watched a pitt team play in Hawaii at 1am in the morning with paul evans wearing a hawaiian shirt with sandals and i cant watch a freakin pitt vs wvu basketball game without signing up for yet another subscription, in 2022..

this is not progress folks, we as a people are going backwards..
LOL. I actually remember that game from Hawaii!

MV5BMGUzN2JhMDYtODlhYy00ODU4LTgyZTAtZmEyZjE3OGMxMTM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgyODE4NTE@._V1_.jpg

You're right, it may not have worked. But, I dont like to see anyone cave like that. Plus, lets not put this ALL on ATTSN. Perhaps Bally was asking too much. A Pitt/WVU basketball game is worth more than any Pitt football game on Bally since it would be a lower-tier football game like Pitt vs Duke. Most of WV has ATTSN. This was a missed opportunity.

Not may not have worked, would not have worked. Because they tried that last year with football games, which absolutely are more valuable than basketball games and it didn't work then.

It's like you think that AT&T could have just bought the one game that they wanted. And that's not how it works. They sell a package of games. Tonight's game would have been one game in the package. Just like the football games sell as a package. And the football games are worth a lot more. As someone who pays as much attention to television rights as you do ought to know.

AT&T is no longer paying for live content other than the Penguins and the Pirates. They are in cost cutting mode in an attempt to find a buyer. They made that decision more than a year ago. They have not relented since. They were not going to buy the ACC basketball game package just so they could have the rights to show one Pitt - West Virginia basketball game.

Anyone with even an ounce of common sense can see that.

Not may not have worked, would not have worked. Because they tried that last year with football games, which absolutely are more valuable than basketball games and it didn't work then.

It's like you think that AT&T could have just bought the one game that they wanted. And that's not how it works. They sell a package of games. Tonight's game would have been one game in the package. Just like the football games sell as a package. And the football games are worth a lot more. As someone who pays as much attention to television rights as you do ought to know.

AT&T is no longer paying for live content other than the Penguins and the Pirates. They are in cost cutting mode in an attempt to find a buyer. They made that decision more than a year ago. They have not relented since. They were not going to buy the ACC basketball game package just so they could have the rights to show one Pitt - West Virginia basketball game.

Anyone with even an ounce of common sense can see that.
Pitt/WVU basketball is more valuable in WPA/WV than any Pitt vs low-level ACC football team is in WPA/WV.

I know they would have had to buy the whole package, not just one game. But Pittsburgh is the only ACC market not buying these games. There is a price for everything. If the price was right and the content was attractive enough, ATTSN would buy. SMFN should have bid on it.

Pitt/WVU basketball is more valuable in WPA/WV than any Pitt vs low-level ACC football team is in WPA/WV.

Which is completely and utterly irrelevant.

And you surely know that.

There is no option for them to buy one basketball game or one football game. The football package is worth vastly more than the basketball package. That's all that matters. And you know that.

Which is completely and utterly irrelevant.

And you surely know that.

There is no option for them to buy one basketball game or one football game. The football package is worth vastly more than the basketball package. That's all that matters. And you know that.
I know that football as a whole is more valuable. I know that they cant buy 1 game. I am saying that Pitt/WVU basketball would have been the most valuable football/basketball game on ATTSN. They should have went to ATTSN in August and said they are picking Pitt football games along with Pitt/WVU basketball. Pitt/WVU basketball is pretty big-time locally. Especially at 9:30 after a Pens game.

No TV again for WVU @ Pitt basketball. Its a stream-only on the ESPN App via ACCNX, which is available to households who have ACC Network access. I would imagine it would also be available on the ESPN App with your ESPN+ subscription if you dont have ACC Network.

ACC Network is showing Florida @ Florida State at 6 and then American @ North Carolina at 8. Pitt/WVU and GT/UGa get stream-only. Like I said 2 years ago, they should do a 5/7/9 tripleheader or a 5:30/7:30/9:30 tripleheader. Its a Friday night.

No TV again for WVU @ Pitt basketball. Its a stream-only on the ESPN App via ACCNX, which is available to households who have ACC Network access. I would imagine it would also be available on the ESPN App with your ESPN+ subscription if you dont have ACC Network.

ACC Network is showing Florida @ Florida State at 6 and then American @ North Carolina at 8. Pitt/WVU and GT/UGa get stream-only. Like I said 2 years ago, they should do a 5/7/9 tripleheader or a 5:30/7:30/9:30 tripleheader. Its a Friday night.
Yeah, but at least unlike last year, we’ll get to hear our homer announcers instead of the insufferable WVU homer announcers last year. Julius Page on color commentary for the Brawl should be entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT