ADVERTISEMENT

Two Bigs

Pete108K11

Scholarship
Feb 9, 2016
Some of us have been calling for the use of a "real" 4 man. I think Capel had no choice tonight, but nobody expected Coulibaly and George to be the experiment. I doubt we will see Capel go away from his desire to switch 1 thru 4 on defense, so I don't expect to see this against Monmouth. Even though I thought the zone got Pitt back into the game, I don't see Pitt relying on the zone full time, even though Imo he should have played more of it in the second half.

Capel seems to be using playing time as a reward, we will not see a Stallings approach (as with Young and Artis). This means to me Pitt is very much a work in progress trying to find a lineup that meshes. Willing to go deep into the bench is sending a message that I hope will change how the the players approach the game. Shooting woes as tonight happen, meanwhile the WVU supporting cast shot the ball better than I expected. When Pitt upsets somebody due to our good shooting I will chalk it up to hidden vigorish.

Definitely a work in progress. If X can regain his past form, this team can be okay. I don't see them ever again shooting as poorly as they did in the second half tonight.
My pet peeve: going for a highlight dunk (and missing) when down by 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT