ADVERTISEMENT

Two missing links and no, not Kante and Dior

It will be really, really interesting what type of interest Santos gets shall he choose to transfer again. And I hope he does transfer again. My forecast is, he will be getting heavy power 6 interest. He's a 6'7 wing / forward averaging 12ppg and 7 rebounds per game while shooting 49% from 3.

Yea buddy, you read that correctly, 49% from 3.
I just checked his stats. Even though he didn't have his
best shooting night against Duquesne the other night
1-3 on his threes, and 3-9 FG's, he has had some outstanding
nights against some top flight competition, Houston and LSU
for example. Shooting 49% on his threes at this point in the
season is far better then what he did here (I posted above his
poor shooting % s in his two yrs here). So, he's proving to be
the shooter that you projected him to be when he came here.
But, and its a big BUT.....he's doing it at the A-10 level and
didn't do it when at the ACC. Those aren't opinions, they're
facts. Now, we're all happy to see him doing it now. We like
him. We're happy for him. I for one, hope he keeps it up, and
am glad he's at what appears to be an appropriate level for him.
His current #'rs support this notion.

By the way, I think it is absolutely awesome that a bunch of Pitt players went out to support Santos and his game with Dayton. Qudus Wahab transferred out of Georgetown to Maryland only to transfer back to Georgetown later on. I wonder if this has any possibility at all. This is what teammates should be all about. Support for one another. I love seeing this.

Speaking of Wahab, he is averaging 9/8 for Penn State this year, and would seem to be exactly what Pitt needs at the 5. We were one of the finalists for him out of high school; any idea if Capel went after him when he entered the portal this time?

By the way, Puff Johnson is averaging 6/3 for the Nits.

Speaking of Wahab, he is averaging 9/8 for Penn State this year, and would seem to be exactly what Pitt needs at the 5. We were one of the finalists for him out of high school; any idea if Capel went after him when he entered the portal this time?

By the way, Puff Johnson is averaging 6/3 for the Nits.
That’s where puff is now ?
Ha

why was HUgley willing to take a backup role at Oklahoma but wouldn't do it for Capel when he came back from being Jabba the Hut?

After today, in his 8 games this season against P6 competition Hugley is averaging 7 points and 3 rebounds per game. By way of comparison, he has 25 total rebounds in those 8 games and has committed 21 fouls.

No thanks.

The Dayton Flyers are now ranked in the National Top 25 in the polls and riding a 10 game win streak. The top 3 scorers for Dayton are all shooting over 44% from 3 point range. Nate Santos is shooting 48.1% from 3 for the season through 15 games. Dayton is ranked in the top 30 on both major efficiency sites of Torvik and Pomeroy. And all this without their starting point guard playing this year.

This will be a potentially fun team to pull for in the NCAA Tournament.

Who would have thought Nate Santos would be the 2nd best player on a top 25 nationally ranked team this year? Another lesson to not throw the towel in on any player before their junior season.

Last edited:
The Dayton Flyers are now ranked in the National Top 25 in the polls and riding a 10 game win streak. The top 3 scorers for Dayton are all shooting over 44% from 3 point range. Nate Santos is shooting 48.1% from 3 for the season through 15 games. Dayton is ranked in the top 30 on both major efficiency sites of Torvik and Pomeroy. And all this without their starting point guard playing this year.

This will be a potentially fun team to pull for in the NCAA Tournament.

Who would have thought Nate Santos would be the 2nd best player on a top 25 nationally ranked team this year? Another lesson to not throw the towel in on any player before their junior season.

You cant keep everyone. I, too, would have picked Jeffress over Santos. Santos had a really nice looking shot but it never went in. It was a risk to keep him. Maybe we can get him back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT