ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Two more decisions

JimHammett

All P I T T !
Staff
Dec 4, 2012
The June recruiting rush will come to a close with two prospects who have yet to announce will commit over the next two days. Pitt hosted 29 official visitors last month, and 21 of those guys are now committed to Pitt. Six of those 21 prospects were committed prior to June, meaning the Panthers landed 15 summer commitments thus far.

You can check the commitment list below. Pitt has 22 commitments there. (I'll have more on Henry Searcy later today to see if he possibly visited last month)

Then you had five of those 29 visitors to have since committed elsewhere and we believe Madrid Tucker likely doesn't have a spot currently, so that leaves two more.

Up first is Bryson Williams, who is announcing today. I didn't get an exact time on when it will be today.

Williams officially visited Harvard, Kansas, Pitt, Rice, and Michigan State in that order. Obviously, he values academics a good bit with some of his official visits, but I would imagine the power-four football schools: Kansas, Michigan State, and Pitt are the real players here. Williams is being recruited to Pitt to play linebacker, and Kansas likes him on defense as well. He can also play offense and Michigan State is selling him on an athlete role on that side of the ball. He seems open to playing on either side of the ball, but he could be looking for the best fit. Here was our article with him after the Pitt official visit (June 13-15):

I don't necessarily have a good read here and others I've talked to have said the same thing. He's been mostly quiet the past couple of weeks following the officials.

The second announcement will occur tomorrow, and that's from Texas offensive linemen Jordan Fields.

He is announcing tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. Houston time, so 3:00 Eastern. The three finalists are Pitt, Kansas, and Houston.

Here was our interview with him after his official visit:

I like Pitt's chances with this one, which is something we've been saying for a few weeks now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News