ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Boyd sticks it to Steelers

Not gonna lie. I just want the Steelers to embrace the tank. Do it. Pick up your QB and build around him and Harris.
See that is the problem. They have all the capable skill position players in the world. They don't have an Oline. Stop talking about skill position guys. We should go into the next draft and pick all Oline. Seriously...every pick. Conner was not the problem with the run game. Ben is not the problem now. The Oline has been subpar for the past 2 years and this yea it is abysmal. I do think they will be better towards the end of the year but they will be to far behind for it to matter.

See that is the problem. They have all the capable skill position players in the world. They don't have an Oline. Stop talking about skill position guys. We should go into the next draft and pick all Oline. Seriously...every pick. Conner was not the problem with the run game. Ben is not the problem now. The Oline has been subpar for the past 2 years and this yea it is abysmal. I do think they will be better towards the end of the year but they will be to far behind for it to matter.
exactly a 1st rd pick on a rb is a waste and always will be. najee is really good but rb is such a replaceable position in the nfl.

The Steelers are bad. Pitt needs to capitalize on this and have a memorable season
Yep. Also worth mentioning just how much of chore it is to watch Steelers games this year. Their offense consists of Najee running the ball up the middle for nothing, short passes to Juju that go for five yards or receiver screens that get blown up in the backfield. Pitt, on the other hand, is actually fun to watch on offense for the first time since 2016.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
I don't think the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl.

Having said that I hope they straighten their woes out or it's going to be a looooooong season.

Big Ben is now officially a Has Ben.
He looks old and pretty docile back there.
This O line will get him killed.
Steelers haven't seen anything like this for a loooooooong time.
Is this a light QB year in the draft? If so, just their luck!

Ben is the problem as he has been as he continues to underperform his contract leaving no room under the cap to rebuild O-Line IMO! Of course I have limited knowledge of how the cap works

Ben is the problem as he has been as he continues to underperform his contract leaving no room under the cap to rebuild O-Line IMO! Of course I have limited knowledge of how the cap works
Watching Ben scramble is comical. Huge steeler fan, like Ben but he’s a punch line now. That scramble in first quarter belonged in a Benny hill skit.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeypitt
At one point he was 7-13 for 26 yards. Literally can't throw an accurate pass over 5 yards

There are a few narratives here that make no sense to me. Just like the past few years at Pitt, the OL is terrible. No one plays well with a bad OL. when Ben had time he was very accurate. I think it’s a case of people wanting him to be old and over the hill. Put Burrow behind that line and how does he do?

Reactions: vietvet1
There are a few narratives here that make no sense to me. Just like the past few years at Pitt, the OL is terrible. No one plays well with a bad OL. when Ben had time he was very accurate. I think it’s a case of people wanting him to be old and over the hill. Put Burrow behind that line and how does he do?
Ben was awful, absolutely terrible. He made zero plays. I like Ben, I’m a die hard fan but come in, he didn’t make one good play today. Not one even remotely good throw.

Yeah, o line is an abortion but Ben is a liability too.

I watched 88% Ryder's Cup (though not much of a drama) and 12% Stillers.

Ben looked like those old films of a 40 year old YA Tittle, obviously hanging on to what he shouldn't.

Reactions: UptownPrivileges
Ben was awful, absolutely terrible. He made zero plays. I like Ben, I’m a die hard fan but come in, he didn’t make one good play today. Not one even remotely good throw.

Yeah, o line is an abortion but Ben is a liability too.
I saw a different game from you. I saw a guy getting hit literally every pass play and throwing through arms when he wasn't. He still scrambled and made plays. His interception was awful. then again, Ben has thrown picks like that his whole career, such as SB against the Seahawks.

The narrative is that he is too old, and people just buy into it. I saw a QB today who threw the way all QBs throw when people are in their faces, yet I also saw him throw balls to tightly covered WRs in places that only they could catch them. There were a number like that on the sideline to Claypoole where only Claypoole could get his hands on them.

If you're going to criticize Ben for the fact that he's playing behind a line starting two rookies, two 2nd year players, and a 3rd year/first year starter, then you also should talk about how Najee Harris has been a wasted pick and wasn't worth the high draft status because he still hasn't run for over 50 yards in a game.

I learned from watching Pitt. When the line stinks, everyone else stinks.

Reactions: UptownPrivileges
I saw a different game from you. I saw a guy getting hit literally every pass play and throwing through arms when he wasn't. He still scrambled and made plays. His interception was awful. then again, Ben has thrown picks like that his whole career, such as SB against the Seahawks.

The narrative is that he is too old, and people just buy into it. I saw a QB today who threw the way all QBs throw when people are in their faces, yet I also saw him throw balls to tightly covered WRs in places that only they could catch them. There were a number like that on the sideline to Claypoole where only Claypoole could get his hands on them.

If you're going to criticize Ben for the fact that he's playing behind a line starting two rookies, two 2nd year players, and a 3rd year/first year starter, then you also should talk about how Najee Harris has been a wasted pick and wasn't worth the high draft status because he still hasn't run for over 50 yards in a game.

I learned from watching Pitt. When the line stinks, everyone else stinks.
Stop this nonsense. He looks awful, slow to the point of it being laughable when he tries to move around the pocket and his accuracy is gone. He’s over and won’t make it 3 more games. We should have moved on and he should have retired.

Stop this nonsense. He looks awful, slow to the point of it being laughable when he tries to move around the pocket and his accuracy is gone. He’s over and won’t make it 3 more games. We should have moved on and he should have retired.
Not nonsense. He looks awful because the line in front of him is awful. do you think Najee Harris looks good? Because as far as I can tell he looks like he's running for Pitt. You think Brady would look good or old behind this line? The nonsense is the insistence by fans that problems are always rooted in one individual, not the team around them. You assume Ben should be able to overcome everything going on around him, and when he can't it's because he's too old? That's just lazy narrative going along with the crowd.

The Steelers today were playing with a line that couldn't block featuring 2 rookies and three other first-year starters, the top receiver out, the second receiver gimping, a rookie RB who couldn't create his own yardage, a defense that was missing it's all-world OLB, the other starting OLB, it's nose tackle, one of its top two DEs.

They all looked slow and awful. the whole team. Don't just put it on one guy because it's the easy read.

Steelers end this season with 5 wins at the most.
Which would be much better than 8-9 and "just missing" the playoffs. I am going to write a long post in the next day just ripping the Steelers as an organization to shreds. They have become stale, arrogant and in many ways, incompetent.

Reactions: Chris46
Which would be much better than 8-9 and "just missing" the playoffs. I am going to write a long post in the next day just ripping the Steelers as an organization to shreds. They have become stale, arrogant and in many ways, incompetent.
I’m definitely looking forward to this. They have been exposed once again as frauds.

Another one?
Why not just copy and past the others you've already posted?

Steelers need to pick up a $20Mish/year quarterback next year (someone in that Tannehill ilk), sign a cornerback, and draft two o-linemen in the first three rounds. Use your other two picks in the first three rounds on a d-lineman and then probably a receiver.

None of this will make them a championship contender, but at least they'll be tolerable to watch. Right now, it's ugly.

The Steelers biggest mistake was sticking with Ben after last year. That was it for him.
If they had a chance to pick up Darnold for a fair trade, they should have done it. Instead, they made a poor bet on an old QB coming off a major injury and it isn't working.

The O line is another area where they stayed too long with long toothed vets. The C and G were over the hill, and their infatuation with Villanueva was bizarre given his performance.

Pretty hard to argue about their moves on defense. That defense when healthy is stout.

The Tomlin debate will never die. The thing there is who would be better?

The Steelers biggest mistake was sticking with Ben after last year. That was it for him.
If they had a chance to pick up Darnold for a fair trade, they should have done it. Instead, they made a poor bet on an old QB coming off a major injury and it isn't working.

The O line is another area where they stayed too long with long toothed vets. The C and G were over the hill, and their infatuation with Villanueva was bizarre given his performance.

Pretty hard to argue about their moves on defense. That defense when healthy is stout.

The Tomlin debate will never die. The thing there is who would be better?

Some things I hated at the time and I think have shaped up to turn out for the worst:

1) I did not like giving up all those picks for Bush. He just so happened to be the consensus second-best MLB in the draft, but he still wasn't anything close to top 10 worthy. Hated it at the time; hate it now. Those are picks that could have been used on rebuilding the o-line.

2) Shouldn't have let Feiler walk. He should be a starting tackle.

3) No way should Ben be the quarterback this year. I wanted to make a play for Darnold, but I was also fine if they wanted to tank with Rudolph. Having said that, Ben may be worse than Rudolph right now, and that's not an easy feat.

There were also some personnel misses, such as drafting Edmunds, that everyone hated... but every team does that.

Some things I hated at the time and I think have shaped up to turn out for the worst:

1) I did not like giving up all those picks for Bush. He just so happened to be the consensus second-best MLB in the draft, but he still wasn't anything close to top 10 worthy. Hated it at the time; hate it now. Those are picks that could have been used on rebuilding the o-line.

2) Shouldn't have let Feiler walk. He should be a starting tackle.

3) No way should Ben be the quarterback this year. I wanted to make a play for Darnold, but I was also fine if they wanted to tank with Rudolph. Having said that, Ben may be worse than Rudolph right now, and that's not an easy feat.

There were also some personnel misses, such as drafting Edmunds, that everyone hated... but every team does that.
I think they deferred to BigBen too much in certain personnel decisions, especially with the O line.
Bush has been disappointing, but he did show flashes. They were infatuated with the sideline to sideline MLB but Shazier was a one of a kind freak. That was a horribly bad break for the Steelers, no pun intended.

I think they deferred to BigBen too much in certain personnel decisions, especially with the O line.
Bush has been disappointing, but he did show flashes. They were infatuated with the sideline to sideline MLB but Shazier was a one of a kind freak. That was a horribly bad break for the Steelers, no pun intended.

I thought they got too concerned with finding Shazier's equal instead of just finding someone who can hold down the position formidably.

Either way, I think it's time to bring some new blood in here. Tomlin isn't the guy I want spearheading a hard rebuild. It doesn't necessarily have to get to that level, but they would really have to hit on some personnel decisions in the draft and free agency next Spring to avoid it reaching that point.

Banner should be coming back and Tuitt and watt will help. I mean that gets us back to being mediocre best case.

I know, we suck. I’m just trying to be somewhat optimistic. What the hell else is there to do in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT