ADVERTISEMENT

Tyreese Fearbry to Pitt? Not so fast!

Let’s just say I have a fraternity brother that works with the wpial and has a lot of pull so if he does decide to commit to a certain pedofile institution in the middle of nowhere that said fraternity brother will be getting a call.
Has a lot of pull with the WPIAL, or with this particular prospect? If the former, so what? If the latter, sounds kinda shady.

Not one word was printed about Penn State being a desert. The point was there is not a better position coach coaching DE in college football right now, and that is not my opinion that is what NFL scouts are saying about the techniques that the kids are using at Pitt. I will print it again, you are absolutely insane if you are a DE and you have the chance to he coached by Charlie and you pass that up. The young man has every right to pick what school he wants to attend and he is a Pittsburgh kid so I will root for him to be successful if he goes to PSU, but if your goal is to make it to the NFL you are insane to pass up the chance to get coached 3 or 4 years by Charlie.
Penn State just had a EDGE get drafted in the first round and he had zero sacks last year. If you're good enough you'll make it to the league.

John Scott Jr is their current DL coach who just started recently. Your argument holds no water. He couldn’t hold Charlie’s jock strap in regards to knowledge and development.

If this kid wants to go to PS, then it is what it is. But there is a reason Saban tried to hire Charlie.
Yeah, the guy before him was hired to coach the position for the NY Giants and they had three DL draft picks in April but there's no connection to the success they're having. Geez, give credit where it's due. Nobody said Pitt isn't great for DE's but other schools can do well, too.

Yeah, the guy before him was hired to coach the position for the NY Giants and they had three DL draft picks in April but there's no connection to the success they're having. Geez, give credit where it's due. Nobody said Pitt isn't great for DE's but other schools can do well, too.
Turning numerous 2 and 3 star recruits into NFL players through development is a lot more impressive, than someone who has a 4/5 star recruit with 0 sacks drafted solely because he is 6-5 260lbs and runs a 4.4. Any schlub on here could get that guy drafted in the first round. But if you don’t have those vitals, then you better choose the coach that will develop you.

Turning numerous 2 and 3 star recruits into NFL players through development is a lot more impressive, than someone who has a 4/5 star recruit with 0 sacks drafted solely because he is 6-5 260lbs and runs a 4.4. Any schlub on here could get that guy drafted in the first round. But if you don’t have those vitals, then you better choose the coach that will develop you.
Exactly 💯

Wil Fries, Shaka Toney, and Robert Windsor come to mind. All very middle of the road 3-stars. I get your point but other schools develop talent, too. If this kid wants to go to PSU, he's going, but that doesn't make him dumb for doing it. They have a pretty nice track record at that position recently and enough turnover that he could play sooner. It's his call.

now that's sleezy. im pretty open to the "perks" of recruiting but man, to actually have an organization thru the school, using attractive co-eds to show high school football/basketball players around and probably encouraging flirtatious (Or more) behavior. that's just flat out sleezeball stuff..

and where are the dads here? what are they thinking if this is what their daughters are doing.
Pitt has them also. I think they were called the golden girls at one point. Almost every school uses recruiting hostess. It not as sleazy as you think. Some school it is a club and others it an internship.

If anyone has a "mind-blowing experience" on a recruiting visit, I'm not sure I'd want that player. That's just weird. What could have been done on a recruiting visit to get one's mind blown? Did he not expect that the school had a football team and was in total shock that they not only did have a team but also had a stadium, weight room, and cafeteria?
I think that as a KID, it’s easy to get your mind blown. These schools that you watch on television are focused on YOU. The stadium speakers at your name with crowd noise, you wear the uniform in the lockerroom. The coaches and staff all know who you are. It’s certainly a mind blowing experience for a KID. So I can understand where he’s coming from as it pertains to thi experience. These trips are designed to do just that. Guess you’ve never been recruited at the D1 level. My bad.

I think that as a KID, it’s easy to get your mind blown. These schools that you watch on television are focused on YOU. The stadium speakers at your name with crowd noise, you wear the uniform in the lockerroom. The coaches and staff all know who you are. It’s certainly a mind blowing experience for a KID. So I can understand where he’s coming from as it pertains to thi experience. These trips are designed to do just that. Guess you’ve never been recruited at the D1 level. My bad.
Great way to describe it. Heck, even getting a phone call from a coach was pretty amazing.

Yes but it is not like PSU has been a desert in producing NFL players, especially high picks at that position also.
I was thinking the same thing. Although I can't off hand mention many that are having a great pro career. I'm sure some are though
Wil Fries, Shaka Toney, and Robert Windsor come to mind. All very middle of the road 3-stars. I get your point but other schools develop talent, too. If this kid wants to go to PSU, he's going, but that doesn't make him dumb for doing it. They have a pretty nice track record at that position recently and enough turnover that he could play sooner. It's his call.
I hate that you are right but you are

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT