ADVERTISEMENT

Ukraine discussion thread - Use this to discuss the situation in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
I am posting this on both football boards just so everyone is on the same page.

We have worked pretty hard over the last couple years to curtail the political discussion on these boards, largely because it is very difficult these days to have civil political discourse. It always - always - turns into name-calling and other such nonsense that violates the express written rules and standards of the message board.

The situation in Ukraine is obviously one of significant international interest, and a community like the ones we have here is inevitably going to discuss it; it's impossible not to. I recognize that and appreciate it, and I made the decision last week to let those discussions take place on the board. However, we have worked hard to try to keep the partisan bickering out of it. When that stuff starts to dominate, it threatens the thread.

So leave it out. Talk about the Russian invasion, talk about the latest news, even talk about the American response - but do it with some level of civility.

Going forward, this will be the primary thread for Ukraine discussion. I think it will be easier to monitor one thread and keep tab on the posts here rather than jumping to different threads and missing posts that should be taken care of. Once this thread gets going, I will pin it so it's always easy to find. Just try to keep it civil.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News