ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Depth Chart

Umm...this is pretty much exactly what I expected it to look like. What are you questioning?

izzy is really good KR but man i just get nervous with him back there since he's now getting 20+ carries a game with Hammond out..

wouldnt mind seeing that texas track star getting a shot.
I’m assuming ball security is the priority for Narduzzi which is why it’s Izzy and Davis back there .
That Izzy is also a home run hitter is a bonus

I’m assuming ball security is the priority for Narduzzi which is why it’s Izzy and Davis back there .
That Izzy is also a home run hitter is a bonus
oh izzy is good for sure and can take it to the house. i just live in my fears as Mike Tomlin would say..

I'm not big on Izzy being kick returner either. I haven't, and won't, do the research but I bet you would be better off fair catching every kickoff than returning them anyways. Unless you are losing and could use a big play, you are probably better off taking the 25 yard line instead of risking a holding penalty backing you up by returning it.

As paranoid as Narduzzi is, the fact that Izzy was both returning kicks and getting 20 touches against Rhode Island was absolutely mind-boggling to me.

Almost felt like he was trying to jack up the team rushing numbers to justify the offensive overhaul for this season (okay, that's probably just my own paranoia).

The injury updates on the depth chart were the removal of Temple and Battle from the chart, as both have season ending injuries.

Otherwise, the depth chart does not reflect week-to-week injury status, as is customary at Pitt under Narduzzi. So all we can infer about all the other injured guys on the depth chart is that they have a chance to return at some point.

GT is about 110 in rush defense according to NCAA stats so Pitt should be able to run the ball. Might open up play action.

As paranoid as Narduzzi is, the fact that Izzy was both returning kicks and getting 20 touches against Rhode Island was absolutely mind-boggling to me.

Almost felt like he was trying to jack up the team rushing numbers to justify the offensive overhaul for this season (okay, that's probably just my own paranoia).
Only slightly in line with your paranoia, I do think Izzy returning kicks is a means to pump up his all purposes yards. Like they want him to lead the ACC in all-purpose yards or something. Because I don't mind Izzy taking the opening kickoff against Georgia Tech...but it is silly for him to be taking 2nd half kickoffs against Rhode Island...Vinnie Davis is literally standing right next to him and can do a good enough job to polish off RI.

The injury updates on the depth chart were the removal of Temple and Battle from the chart, as both have season ending injuries.

Otherwise, the depth chart does not reflect week-to-week injury status, as is customary at Pitt under Narduzzi. So all we can infer about all the other injured guys on the depth chart is that they have a chance to return at some point.
That was my point! I don't think this is really the depth chart ...... Would love to be wrong!

That was my point! I don't think this is really the depth chart ...... Would love to be wrong!
the released depth chart should not be taken too serious, i think this has been proven many times over. no inside info but i dont think Narduzzi and the staff spend too much time working on this..

obviously the steelers take as much time on theirs as well, as proven a few months ago.

the released depth chart should not be taken too serious, i think this has been proven many times over. no inside info but i dont think Narduzzi and the staff spend too much time working on this..

obviously the steelers take as much time on theirs as well, as proven a few months ago.
Agreed but Peak's comments made it sound different ...... unless Duzz paid him off to say that to throw off GT!

Peak - You you you , you gotta gift!

The Depth Chart should be titled.

"This is what the Depth Chart would be if there were no injuries."

I'm not big on Izzy being kick returner either. I haven't, and won't, do the research but I bet you would be better off fair catching every kickoff than returning them anyways. Unless you are losing and could use a big play, you are probably better off taking the 25 yard line instead of risking a holding penalty backing you up by returning it.
He is averaging 18 yards per return, with a long of 23 yards, so yes, Pitt would be better off taking the ball on the 25. There is no reason to be risking an injury in this situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT