ADVERTISEMENT

VB - Game Ball To Bre Kelley

vantheman1976

Freshman
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2005
First....I should have had an EMT sitting next to me at last night's match.....what a nail biter.....and what a crowd! Here we go....

• The trio of Louisville's Luper, DeBeer, and Reese accounted for 12.44 pts/set and gave back 5.55 pts/set from errors
  • The trio of Babcock, Stafford, and VVG accounted for 12.33 pts/set and gave back 5.11 pts/set from errors
  • In other words....Louisville's pins and Pitt's pins essentially cancelled one another out
  • Enter Bre Kelley and to a bit of a lesser extent....Ryla Jones
    • Kelley hit .500...18 pts and 1 error
    • Jones had 7.5 pts and 3 errors
      • This combo was contributing almost +5 pts/set for our Panthers
  • On the other side of the net...Louisville had Cresse and Kong
    • They combined for a bit less than +2 pts/set for the Cardinals
  • All things considered....it was that 3 point advantage that swung this match to the win column for Pitt
Who would have thought entering this match that Pitt's vaunted service game would commit 12 service errors resulting in Louisville having a better night at the service line? And who would have thought that Louisville's middle blockers would be bested by Pitt....and Bre Kelley who had a career best night. I am so delighted and happy for Bre....recovering from that severe ankle injury last year and keeping Pitt rolling. Yes....it was a team win but know this....Bre Kelley gets the game ball!

I love volleyball....let the games continue Sunday. That's all.

Last edited:
First....I should have had an EMT sitting next to me at last night's match.....what a nail biter.....and what a crowd! Here we go....

• The trio of Louisville's Luper, DeBeer, and Reese accounted for 12.44 pts/set and gave back 5.55 pts/set from errors
  • The trio of Babcock, Stafford, and VVG accounted for 12.33 pts/set and gave back 5.11 pts/set from errors
  • In other words....Louisville's pins and Pitt's pins essentially cancelled one another out
  • Enter Bre Kelley and to a bit of a lesser extent....Ryla Jones
    • Kelley hit .500...18 pts and 1 error
    • Jones had 7.5 pts and 3 errors
      • This combo was contributing almost +5 pts/set for our Panthers
  • On the other side of the net...Louisville had Cresse and Kong
    • They combined for a bit less than +2 pts/set for the Cardinals
  • All things considered....it was that 3 point advantage that swung this match to the win column for Pitt
Who would have thought entering this match that Pitt's vaunted service game would commit 12 service errors resulting in Louisville having a better night at the service line? And who would have thought that Louisville's middle blockers would be bested by Pitt....and Bre Kelley who had a career best night. I am so delighted and happy for Bre....recovering from that severe ankle injury last year and keeping Pitt rolling. Yes....it was a team win but know this....Bre Kelley gets the game ball!

I love volleyball....let the games continue Sunday. That's all.
Great recap on the statistical side of the match; thanks - that puts just how close this match was into perspective

My statistical "take" from your post was in regard to the service errors. How ironic (in a sense) that we committed 12 of them in sets 1-4 and none in set 5. Louisville had 4 service errors going into the 5th and yet had at least 2 of them during that deciding set. And in a 5th set where 15 points wins, service errors are even more damaging

Reactions: vantheman1976
What I like about Bre, is that she is getting better and better. She will be even better by the end of November.

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT