ADVERTISEMENT

VB: "Recruiting From A Coaches View"

Great share. Sort of interesting hearing a Louisville perspective on recruiting. They obviously landed one recruit and had a ton of local talent all at once and capitalized on it enough that they've expanded their recruiting footprint. Luck helps but they've done a decent job of maintaining.

My daughter is just wading into the process. Took her a while to convince herself she's good enough. She's fortunate to be in a small club that provides resources for recruiting. Still a year away from her first "official" contact but there is a lot to learn.

Great share. Sort of interesting hearing a Louisville perspective on recruiting. They obviously landed one recruit and had a ton of local talent all at once and capitalized on it enough that they've expanded their recruiting footprint. Luck helps but they've done a decent job of maintaining.

My daughter is just wading into the process. Took her a while to convince herself she's good enough. She's fortunate to be in a small club that provides resources for recruiting. Still a year away from her first "official" contact but there is a lot to learn.
Hey....best wishes for your daughter's future to play volleyball in college. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Chaos and HOF Coach
Hey....best wishes for your daughter's future to play volleyball in college. Keep us posted.
Thank you. She's not going to be D1 unless she grows a few inches or starts jumping out of the gym but she works hard at it. I'm honestly just glad she found something that she loves and that she is driven to improve at. Plus I love watching the game.

Summer league games are brutal. No AC and it's cooler outside the gym. Crowded. Not much room to serve. Lots of girls playing who won't make a varsity roster. But last night I saw one older D3 coach in gym shorts and a t-shirt, sweating as much as anyone else, scouting and gathering information on some of the better players in attendance. Very old school but it was good to see.

June 15th is next Saturday. For those who don't know, that's the first official contact for players heading into their junior year and you'll start seeing commitment announcements.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT