ADVERTISEMENT

VB: "They broke DeBeer..." - Mick Haley, Six Rotations Video

Surprised he said it, but it was true. The first set Luper and DeBeer were dominate and Jones had 7 kills on 7 swings. I think we got them tired. At one point Luper had 9 attacking errors in a row. DeBeer just looked exhausted by the middle of the 4th set. They stopped trying to set them from the back row because neither of them could get any lift.

I’m not sure Louisville physically was in as good a shape as Pitt was. Jones, Robbins and Kong all play very limited minutes. So does Crasse. She served so well in the first set but then I don’t think she served at all in sets 3 and 4. Scott never stops, but she wasn’t nearly as nimble by the fifth set. In the first three sets, it was death to serve her. In the final two sets, we didn’t serve her often but when we did, her passing wasn’t nearly as good. The kill by Monk that hit her square in the face pretty much said it all. Right before that, Stafford had two kills that landed right by her and she didn’t get a hand on either one.

If you look at VVG and Fairbanks in particular, they both look like they lift. No one on Louisville looks that way.

Surprised he said it, but it was true. The first set Luper and DeBeer were dominate and Jones had 7 kills on 7 swings. I think we got them tired. At one point Luper had 9 attacking errors in a row. DeBeer just looked exhausted by the middle of the 4th set. They stopped trying to set them from the back row because neither of them could get any lift.

I’m not sure Louisville physically was in as good a shape as Pitt was. Jones, Robbins and Kong all play very limited minutes. So does Crasse. She served so well in the first set but then I don’t think she served at all in sets 3 and 4. Scott never stops, but she wasn’t nearly as nimble by the fifth set. In the first three sets, it was death to serve her. In the final two sets, we didn’t serve her often but when we did, her passing wasn’t nearly as good. The kill by Monk that hit her square in the face pretty much said it all. Right before that, Stafford had two kills that landed right by her and she didn’t get a hand on either one.

If you look at VVG and Fairbanks in particular, they both look like they lift. No one on Louisville looks that way.
I recall two balls - one from Monks and one from Babcock - going off the faces of Louisville players, plus the Babcock serve that hit the player standing on the baseline. Louisville definitely looked overwhelmed for the last set and a half.

Same. I know some of the fans here don't like her but she's so talented and I don't think she's recovered completely from that injury.
She has the same demeanor on the court as Fairbanks - all business all the time. Major respect to her. She's gonna give us problems again next year. That Louisville team will be better next year, as will we. ACC will be a dogfight

Reactions: jctrack
She has the same demeanor on the court as Fairbanks - all business all the time. Major respect to her. She's gonna give us problems again next year. That Louisville team will be better next year, as will we. ACC will be a dogfight
"We make each other better." - Dan Fisher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT