ADVERTISEMENT

VB weekend #3

levance2

All American
Aug 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
Finally some home games!

Pitt starts this morning at 10am against 5-2 High Point.
The big match is against #12 BYU tonight at 7pm. BYU is 6-0 and currently #39 in RPI. (BYU does have a match against Bowling Green before this.)
Finale is Saturday at 7pm against 3-3 Bowling Green. One of their wins is at Notre Dame.

Other interesting games today:
#10 Louisville vs #6 Purdue
#17 Baylor vs #7 Florida
#23 Tennessee vs week 4 opponent Morehead St

Finally some home games!

Pitt starts this morning at 10am against 5-2 High Point.
The big match is against #12 BYU tonight at 7pm. BYU is 6-0 and currently #39 in RPI. (BYU does have a match against Bowling Green before this.)
Finale is Saturday at 7pm against 3-3 Bowling Green. One of their wins is at Notre Dame.

Other interesting games today:
#10 Louisville vs #6 Purdue
#17 Baylor vs #7 Florida
#23 Tennessee vs week 4 opponent Morehead St
PItt wins 3-0. Lund didn’t play in the last set ; HP was most competitive in set 3- losing 25-23.

Lund seem to tweak an ankle in set 2 , but finished the set with multiple kills and looked fine. Presume she sat set 3 in an abundance of caution.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Lund seem to tweak an ankle in set 2 , but finished the set with multiple kills and looked fine. Presume she sat set 3 in an abundance of caution.
She probably would've been due to sit out a rotation regardless, given the scores. VVG hadn't played any until that third set. Hopefully it was just caution.

Lund is playing against BYU.

BYU lead the first set 15-10 but the Panthers come back for a 25-21 win.

Currently 6-5 Pitt in the second.

I was at the game. Great crowd. Place was packed. Team is really easy to like. Lund was awesome but Gomez was the MVP, she came in the 3rd set and really changed the match. Played the last two sets after sitting the 1st two.

The team is deep and crazy athletic. I think they are serving better than last year as well. If the passing/setting gets better that can certainly beat anyone.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I was at the game. Great crowd. Place was packed. Team is really easy to like. Lund was awesome but Gomez was the MVP, she came in the 3rd set and really changed the match. Played the last two sets after sitting the 1st two.

The team is deep and crazy athletic. I think they are serving better than last year as well. If the passing/setting gets better that can certainly beat anyone.
I agree gomez was the difference in the 4th set for sure. I think the passing can be a bit spotty at times, making the setting difficult. The difference in the game were serving errors by BYU.

Reactions: whirlybird optio
I agree gomez was the difference in the 4th set for sure. I think the passing can be a bit spotty at times, making the setting difficult. The difference in the game were serving errors by BYU.
Yea, especially in the 1st set where Pitt was outplayed but still won. I think they had 6 errors in the first set.

Fisher looked annoyed with his team the whole night lol, but it’s a good sign when you beat a pretty good team on not your best night.

Yea, especially in the 1st set where Pitt was outplayed but still won. I think they had 6 errors in the first set.

Fisher looked annoyed with his team the whole night lol, but it’s a good sign when you beat a pretty good team on not your best night.

Starks was really good last night . Our libero was much better in sets 3 and 4.

Our service game is really strong - very few errors and at least 6 aces I can recall. BYU kept a few nasty serves alive I couldn’t believe they got up for kill attempts- PItt had them scrambling on service receive all night.

We now have wins over the current #12, 17, 23, and 24th ranked teams and Rice was top 25 when we beat them. Just a really fun team to root for.

I think the hardest part for this team might be focus as they will be favorites - and largely clear favorites- in every match the rest of the way. Pressure to keep winning and reacting to an inevitable loss or few will be important. Hopefully enter the NCAas as a top 4 seed.

Have to say- PItt volleyball matches are fantastic fan experience— so much fun .

Reactions: Chaos
Starks was really good last night . Our libero was much better in sets 3 and 4.

Our service game is really strong - very few errors and at least 6 aces I can recall. BYU kept a few nasty serves alive I couldn’t believe they got up for kill attempts- PItt had them scrambling on service receive all night.

We now have wins over the current #12, 17, 23, and 24th ranked teams and Rice was top 25 when we beat them. Just a really fun team to root for.

I think the hardest part for this team might be focus as they will be favorites - and largely clear favorites- in every match the rest of the way. Pressure to keep winning and reacting to an inevitable loss or few will be important. Hopefully enter the NCAas as a top 4 seed.

Have to say- PItt volleyball matches are fantastic fan experience— so much fun .
Wouldn’t at Louisville be a toss up ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT