ADVERTISEMENT

Very OT: GOT

buckage

Redshirt
Jun 14, 2013
I have some serious questions about this last episode...

1. How did a raven make the trip and Dangy and her dragons make it Beyond the Wall so quickly?

2. Why didn't Jon bring any of the Dragon Glass he mined in Dragonstone?

3. Where did the chains come from to drag the dragon?

4. Why didn't the Night King take out Dragon?

This show misses GRRM guidance, to bad he's so slow.

1. How did a raven make the trip and Dangy and her dragons make it Beyond the Wall so quickly?

1. The travel timelines in the show are pretty ridiculous, especially when compared to the white walkers. For dragons, I think we can assume could get there very quickly, but, yeah, the raven and Gendry happening are unbelievable.

2. I think we are supposed to believe they didn't have the time to mine and make weapons, but it seems they had a long trip just to get back to the wall and if they mined anything, they could have spent time making makeshift weapons along the way. It would have been incredibly important.

3. That is a pretty passable explanation. That could have been days long. Who knows?

4. He tried to take out Drogon, but missed with a spear.

1. The travel timelines in the show are pretty ridiculous, especially when compared to the white walkers. For dragons, I think we can assume could get there very quickly, but, yeah, the raven and Gendry happening are unbelievable.

2. I think we are supposed to believe they didn't have the time to mine and make weapons, but it seems they had a long trip just to get back to the wall and if they mined anything, they could have spent time making makeshift weapons along the way. It would have been incredibly important.

3. That is a pretty passable explanation. That could have been days long. Who knows?

4. He tried to take out Drogon, but missed with a spear.

We are seriously questioning timelines? Not Dragons, White Walkers, Wildfire, 3-eyed ravens, etc...?

Reactions: chadpapp

1. It's not like Jon and the group traveled 100 miles in. A man can run a marathon in a few hours. That's 26 miles. Gendry collapsed when he made The Wall.

I'm pretty sure with those huge wings, dragons can get places pretty fast.

2. Maybe it was mined but not weaponized yet.

3. It's possible the Night King is similar to Bran and has telepathic abilities. Perhaps he knew this battle was forthcoming and knew they needed those chains for a dragon.

4. NK's throw missed Drogon.

Reactions: sherepower

I"m worried that this show, now that it has outpaced the books, hired the Walking Dead writers that made that show suck so bad in its Season 7.

1. Piss poor writing/planning. Unless these are faster than the ravens we have on this world, and those dragons are fast too

2. I think he brought some...Jorah killed the undead bear with dragon glass daggers.

3. Not sure, but I heard that they may have come from that Wildling town that got overrun by the dead last season....not sure why they were there in the wilderness. Maybe the carried them to help scale the wall or pull down a door??

4. He did, and he also missed a 2nd.

NOw that the show is out further than the books, it has become more of a standard Hollywood show where they do this stupid calvary arriving at the last second to save your favorite characters. The books don't have much of that which is why the earlier seasons were better. Still this season isn't bad, but I am not dying for the next season.

Reactions: BPKY
I think there was a local wight mart that sold dragon chains.
That was just a little too convenient to have those chains. I'll forgive them though as
it creates a cool story line.

I"m worried that this show, now that it has outpaced the books, hired the Walking Dead writers that made that show suck so bad in its Season 7.

1. Piss poor writing/planning. Unless these are faster than the ravens we have on this world, and those dragons are fast too

2. I think he brought some...Jorah killed the undead bear with dragon glass daggers.

3. Not sure, but I heard that they may have come from that Wildling town that got overrun by the dead last season....not sure why they were there in the wilderness. Maybe the carried them to help scale the wall or pull down a door??

4. He did, and he also missed a 2nd.

NOw that the show is out further than the books, it has become more of a standard Hollywood show where they do this stupid calvary arriving at the last second to save your favorite characters. The books don't have much of that which is why the earlier seasons were better. Still this season isn't bad, but I am not dying for the next season.

Your last point is spot on. Part of what makes A Song of Ice and Fire so fascinating and interesting is that Martin is making an effort to subvert and engage with a lot of typical genre tropes. But as the show goes more and more off road, it's relying so heavily on the very tropes Martin is trying to subvert.

Your last point is spot on. Part of what makes A Song of Ice and Fire so fascinating and interesting is that Martin is making an effort to subvert and engage with a lot of typical genre tropes. But as the show goes more and more off road, it's relying so heavily on the very tropes Martin is trying to subvert.

Re: the chains...they were from an abandoned ferry that was formerly used on the lake.

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty

I don't blame the show writers. Martin hasn't left them with much material to work off of. He's too busy enjoying Comic Con and blogging about the Mets/Jets to finish the books.

I just started watching this last year so maybe i'm just ignorant to how things are but i couldn't understand why she would bother to land until almost all of the white walkers were scorched. And then when she did land , how was it that she was oblivious to the white walker approaching with a spear. Is the guy who threw the spear untouchable?

So for #3, I watched a YouTube video that made an intriguing arguement that the battle was a setup by the NK to get himself a dragon. Here is the video. They discuss the arguement in the first 8 minutes. I think it has come credibility and makes me think better of the writers.

So for #3, I watched a YouTube video that made an intriguing arguement that the battle was a setup by the NK to get himself a dragon. Here is the video. They discuss the arguement in the first 8 minutes. I think it has come credibility and makes me think better of the writers.
Wait until you find out Bran is the Night King.
Which is why he spared John at hardhomme.

Because he wants John to kill him

Reactions: RiskyBusinessPSU
Wait until you find out Bran is the Night King.
Which is why he spared John at hardhomme.

Because he wants John to kill him
That will confuse me as much then as it does now. The same group that makes the video I linked to also speculated that the old man that takes Bran through his visions in S6 is Bran when he is older.

I thought the NK was brought into the world by those mud covered elves centuries before Bran was even born. LIke I said I will be shocked then like I am now.

That will confuse me as much then as it does now. The same group that makes the video I linked to also speculated that the old man that takes Bran through his visions in S6 is Bran when he is older.

I thought the NK was brought into the world by those mud covered elves centuries before Bran was even born. LIke I said I will be shocked then like I am now.
Bran warged into him and got stuck is my theory

Reactions: RiskyBusinessPSU
This thread reminds me of the time I took my boys to see the third Lord of the Rings movie. About 3 hours into it when Frodo and Sam were running out of the exploding volcano, they jumped onto a rock floating in lava. Just then a girl, I'm guessing in her late teens or early twenties, blurted out "Oh, no way" I turned to her and responded "That's where you have a problem? You're okay with Orcs, and wizards, and elves, and hobbits, the all seeing eye, one ring to rule them all, giant eagles that come when summoned, an army of pirate ghosts, and flying dragons. You just can't buy that they jumped onto a rock floating in lava. That's where they crossed the line of believability. Needless to say, she looked at me like I was crazy. There's no point to my story. I just thought I'd share. Oh, I guess the point is to just enjoy it for the pure escapist fantasy that it is.

Nah.
Bran was marked by the NK- who is probably similar in abilities . They are connected...but bran can't control him.
He tried and got psychically trapped
This still doesn't make sense to me. If he is trapped in NK then how is he also active in Winterfell?

The Night's King intrigues me. I wonder how much it was influenced by the Night's King from the books. In ASOIAF the Night's King is a Stark (named Brandon) and Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who ran away with an Other, married her, and lived at Nightfort until Brandon the Breaker and Joramun team together to defeat him.

They almost lost me while they cried about too much dragon blood.

So the Targaryons are from WV?
To me, I think emelia Clark is beautiful as a blond. But she does nothing for me in real life. And I'm one who prefers brunettes. She should permanently go with the Daenerys look.

Reactions: BPKY
It's gonna be really unfortunately when Young Griff shows up to Westeros with the Golden Company.

A real "I am Spartacus" moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT