ADVERTISEMENT

Visiting UCF fans, here's a question?

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
What do you know about Pitt football? Seriously. What do you know without Google searches? I am not talking about now, we are 2-2, etc...we were 5-7 overall last year. But the Pitt football program overall, what do you know?

I know that back in the 70's, Pitt was one of the top programs in the country. You've been around for 100 years and beat the crap out of us back in 2006.

You've got a lot of great tradition (although maybe not so much the past several years) but you've got a lot of things to be proud of.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Qadree Ollison was only the 6th RB in program history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. The other 5 are:

Tony Dorsett
Craig Heyward
James Conner
Dion Lewis
Lesean McCoy
Curtis Martin
Billy West
Curvin Richards
Ray Graham
Kevan Barlow
Elliot Walker
#Maff

Qadree Ollison was only the 6th RB in program history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. The other 5 are:

Tony Dorsett
Craig Heyward
James Conner
Dion Lewis
Lesean McCoy
Curtis Martin
Billy West
Curvin Richards
Ray Graham
Kevan Barlow
Elliot Walker

This is the post of the year. Maybe you could educate the moronic ACC Announcers.

Latief Grimm enjoyed writing poetry. That was a little blurb in a Sports Illustrated many years ago.

He was from the Grimm family that wrote all those fairytales.

Reactions: WiseAndGlorious
Like a lot of our fan base, I am young and only have started watching cfb since the mid to late 2000’s. No offense but I assumed pitt was just another big east crossover and unlike Cinci just had a better market to join the acc.

Only till recently I’ve read about your impressive history.

Well, in your defense Pitt has certainly played like a G5 in the last decade or so.

A major issue Pitt faces each year too is being surrounded by PSU, OSU and not literally obviously, but Michigan as well because they’re competing for the same recruits as the other two. West Virginia is not in the same class as those 3 but they pose a threat as well.

Pitt was able to do what they did for a short while because Johnny Majors and Jackie Sherill convinced the administration to allow them to recruit the Deep South. At that time they were bringing back SEC talent. Unfortunately for Pitt the Steelers just happened to be in the midst of a dynasty so while Pitt’s Golden Era is recognized it is also a little overshadowed.

If you’re a big CFB fan in general I would recommend skimming the history of Pitt FB. We’re so disappointed now because the University more or less voluntarily flushed it all away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yung knight

Tony Dorsett
Craig Heyward
James Conner
Dion Lewis
Lesean McCoy
Curtis Martin
Billy West
Curvin Richards
Ray Graham
Kevan Barlow
Elliot Walker

Dude, you just won post of the year!!!!

Like a lot of our fan base, I am young and only have started watching cfb since the mid to late 2000’s. No offense but I assumed pitt was just another big east crossover and unlike Cinci just had a better market to join the acc.

Only till recently I’ve read about your impressive history.

That's what I mean. Many people don't realize that Aaron Donald played here, Larry Fitzgerald, Lesean McCoy, Darrelle Revis. Let alone guys like Mike Ditka, Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, etc......

That Pitt is tied for 3rd for all time NFL HOFers, ahead of programs like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Penn State, Texas, etc....

You guys have put an impressive number of guys in the Pro Football HOF.

You have 3 more that will join some day: Revis, Fitz and Donald

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT