ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Visitors/campers for today

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Here's what we've got for today so far. This list will definitely grow.

- We'll start with a couple changes. It doesn't sound like Paris Ford or Therran Coleman will be at Pitt today. However, I do think Damar Hamlin is still planning to be there, so that's a positive.

- Central Catholic DT Rashad Wheeler is also planning to be there and work out, as is Clairton WR Aaron Mathews; both have offers from Pitt, so getting them on campus - and getting them to work out with the coaches, no less - is a big positive for the Panthers.

- Imhotep OL Johncarlo Valentin also has an offer from Pitt, and he'll be visiting today. There's a chance he might work out at the camp; as of Thursday night, he wasn't sure. But he'll be on campus regardless.

Valentin will be joined on the visit by fellow Imhotep offensive linemen Yasir Durant (highlights) andJahmir Johnson (highlights). Those two will be working out and trying to earn offers.

I have also heard that Imhotep DE Shaka Toney will be visiting; still working to confirm that one.

And one other notable visitor from Imhotep is DE Andre Mintze. He will be working out, and if he does well, there's a chance he could be on commitment watch, if not today then in the next few days. Here are his junior highlights.

- I'm working to get more information on Tim Jackson and James Jackson in light of James' commitment to Toledo last night. I'll post more details as I get them.

- University Prep WR/LB Kenny Robinson will be at Pitt. He probably won't be working out, but he plans to visit and spend time with the coaches and some of his friends who will be there.

- Matawan (NJ) athlete Dejohn Rogers will be at the camp today and will work out to try to earn an offer. He also visited this spring; here are his highlights. Washington (Pa.) tight end Nate Swart will also be there; he's committed to Toledo, but he'll be working out for the Pitt staff. Here are his junior highlights.

I have to get on the road now to drive back from Baltimore. I'll post any updates I get over the next few hours when I can, and then I'll post updates from the camp when I get there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News