ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Visitors yesterday

JimHammett

All P I T T !
Staff
Dec 4, 2012
Pitt seemingly had a bigger group of visitors for some prior scrimmages, but there were a few notables I noticed yesterday.

Pitt's 2025 QB commitment, Mason Heintschel was in the house. Yesterday marked his second visit this spring, and his first as a committed prospect. Heintschel will be back again in June for an OV, and Kade Bell will likely go see him throw sometime in May.

Yesterday was the third visit for Columbus-based LB Denin Cook, who holds a Pitt offer. He's a two-star for now, but also holds multiple P4 offers, so that will change soon enough. Given his height, defensive end could also be in his future. For now, he does have an OV scheduled to see Indiana. I'd expect Pitt will get one if they want to bring him back.

Pitt does seem interested in taking two quarterbacks in the class of 2024. So it was notable Carter Jones, a 6-4 200-pound QB from Texas, made his way to Pittsburgh without an offer to date. He did recently land a BC offer and I'm guessing a few more P4 schools will eventually follow. He'll be a name to watch in May during the evaluation period and is a candidate to receive a visit from Kade Bell to watch him throw.

Michael Scott is a small, yet speedy playmaker out of Dallastown HS in York, the same program that produced current Panther Kenny Johnson. Scott does hold an offer from Pitt along with Boston College, Cincinnati, Maryland, and WVU. He is another candidate to be an official visitor in June, but there isn't a date picked just yet.

The highest-rated recruit there on Saturday was four-star David Davis out of the WPIAL. Davis attends Imani Christian and holds offers from the likes of Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State, and West Virginia. The Imani standout has been to Pitt multiple times and is part of a very talented 2026 WPIAL recruiting class.

Plus two 2024 signees were also there that I spooted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News