ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Sweeps #5 tOSU

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Ohio State probably is overrated as their record now is 4-4. However, they have played 7 ranked teams in 8 matches. The only unranked team they have played was Tennessee, who they swept yesterday.

I didn’t see the match live as I made the mistake of watching the Steelers, but I’m now in the third and final set of the replay on ESPN+.

Although the score in the first set was close, Pitt was in control throughout. I don’t think Ohio State had the lead once. The last tie, I believe was 5-5. Pitt basically led by two or more the rest of the way. Courtney Buzzerio led the offense and Rachel Fairbanks was all-around brilliant. She had a couple of service aces, set the ball really well, had 3 or 4 excellent digs and passed flawlessly. Akeo came in briefly to give her a rest, but I don’t think they ever will go back to equally sharing time as long as Fairbanks stays healthy. Of course, at 6’ Fairbanks also can be a hitter so they can sometimes be on the court together.

The second set was close at the beginning, but Pitt gradually pulled away and won easily. I think tOSU got its first lead of the match early in the second set at 1-0. Terrible challenge by tOSU early appeared to take some of the steam out of them. Pitt led 17-15 with Fairbanks serving, and she served out the setting with 8 straight points.

Reactions: Chaos and Ray-Ray
Pitt back in the top 10.

Louisville #2, San Deigo #4, OSU #7, Pitt #10, Georgia Tech #13, BYU #16, Towson receiving votes at essentially 27th. Towson has a good chance to go undefeated.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Ohio State probably is overrated as their record now is 4-4. However, they have played 7 ranked teams in 8 matches. The only unranked team they have played was Tennessee, who they swept yesterday.

Ohio State's four losses are to number one, number one (they played Texas twice), number four and number ten. They have beaten number two, number 13 and number 16.

It seems like seventh is a fair spot for them to be.

Reactions: levance2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT