ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball vs Duke info...

Easy sweep. Duke was not very good.
Although they came in at 10-3.

PItt is just really an elite team. No let down or drop off in their attack as they rotate.- Lund, N’Dee, Member-Meneh, Gray, Okolo, Lockwood and not to mention reserves Starks and Gomez is a wealth of hitting talent.

Duke had basically one elite attacker with a significant drop off when she rotated out. Pitt’s entire rotation is elite. PItt is so hard to defend.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Duke has been a pain in the butt the last few years but not tonight.As someone said above this Panther team is elite.Depth everywhere.There are players on the bench that started last year and now are role players.Thats when you know you have a great program and a super team.

Duke has been a pain in the butt the last few years but not tonight.As someone said above this Panther team is elite.Depth everywhere.There are players on the bench that started last year and now are role players.Thats when you know you have a great program and a super team.
It’s probably not a stretch to say a team of Starks , Gomez, Lockwood, Russ, Fairbanks, and Klika (all PItt reserves) is a top 1/2 ACC team and competes for an NCAA bid.

Reactions: Black Panther
Although they came in at 10-3.

PItt is just really an elite team. No let down or drop off in their attack as they rotate.- Lund, N’Dee, Member-Meneh, Gray, Okolo, Lockwood and not to mention reserves Starks and Gomez is a wealth of hitting talent.

Duke had basically one elite attacker with a significant drop off when she rotated out. Pitt’s entire rotation is elite. PItt is so hard to defend.
We sleptwalked through two sets and Duke couldn’t really get close. The libero (Browske) was excellent last night. We probably had like 10-11 serving errors and it still didn’t matter

Key again is setting, that’s really my only concern with the team. Outside no one can match up, and the blocking/serving is good enough to win a title, it’s really the passing/setting. But they are so crazy deep. Starks came in the 3rd set for like 5 points and she be a top 2 player on the Duke team. Gomez didn’t even play.

Real interesting game to watch. Lund had a really good bounce back game. Her hitting was fairly pedestrian the last couple of games but she was real effective against Duke. Without the service errors, the first set would have been a blow out. This teams strength on the court is its defense. Superb digging team. Definitely elite depth. There are players that aren't seeing much playing time that would be starters on many other teams. I think the challenge for the coach in this instance is to keep everyone happy, which is easier said than done.
I think with Lund, Member-Meneh, and Gray what sets them appart is they are more complete players. Lund is an effective hitter, decent block, elite defensively in the back row with her digs, and pretty good at serving (yesterday being an exception). I would say similiar things about the others.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Real interesting game to watch. Lund had a really good bounce back game. Her hitting was fairly pedestrian the last couple of games but she was real effective against Duke. Without the service errors, the first set would have been a blow out. This teams strength on the court is its defense. Superb digging team. Definitely elite depth. There are players that aren't seeing much playing time that would be starters on many other teams. I think the challenge for the coach in this instance is to keep everyone happy, which is easier said than done.
I think with Lund, Member-Meneh, and Gray what sets them appart is they are more complete players. Lund is an effective hitter, decent block, elite defensively in the back row with her digs, and pretty good at serving (yesterday being an exception). I would say similiar things about the others.

I think Fisher’s bigger challenge will be focus - I’m glad that Louisville is top 5 and it seems the ACC is a bit better this year than most years- Pitt is just much much better than most of the league — don’t want them to lose their edge into the NCAAs.

Member-Meneh is really playing well- she struggled a bit to start the season- even found the bench a few matches . But her game is elite right now. Her with our big 3 of Lund, N’Dee, and Gray is just devastating.

I think Fisher’s bigger challenge will be focus - I’m glad that Louisville is top 5 and it seems the ACC is a bit better this year than most years- Pitt is just much much better than most of the league — don’t want them to lose their edge into the NCAAs.

Member-Meneh is really playing well- she struggled a bit to start the season- even found the bench a few matches . But her game is elite right now. Her with our big 3 of Lund, N’Dee, and Gray is just devastating.
Yeah,

Member-Meneh has been hitting the ball well and pretty good in the back row defensively. She is often targeted by the opposing teams serve, so her passing could use some improvement. Generally though, this team is pretty good with its passing. It is why Fisher thinks the hitting should always be .300.

Yeah,

Member-Meneh has been hitting the ball well and pretty good in the back row defensively. She is often targeted by the opposing teams serve, so her passing could use some improvement. Generally though, this team is pretty good with its passing. It is why Fisher thinks the hitting should always be .300.
Agree about Member-Meneh's passing-I think that's definitely her biggest weakness, and at times, possibly the biggest weakness of all aspects of the regular rotation. Something to keep an eye on in closer matches as the season progresses. Her vertical is just ridiculous though! H2P

It seems like Fish is pushing them pretty hard. Against a team like Duke, he used to sub a lot. This past weekend, he barely subbed at all. He seems to want that primary rotation to be burned into their brains. He has monkeyed with their serving order a bit lately.

Reactions: Chaos
Lund is an effective hitter, decent block, elite defensively in the back row with her digs, and pretty good at serving (yesterday being an exception).
Lund had a bizarre stat line against UVa. 9 kills, 8 digs, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 2 aces.

Lund has 20 assists on the year, which sort of blows my mind.

Reactions: Chaos and HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT