ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball vs. Oregon tonight.

The freshman setter doesn't seem to have timing down with the middle blockers, so she mostly sets outside. I see that Akeo is in setting now. Oregon pulling away in the 2nd set.

Wow! What a way to fight back. Let’s take this set!

Reactions: Chaos
Is Oregon a one player team? Holy cow that Colyer is good.

Tough loss for Pitt but exciting comeback and match. Seems like Fisher is still trying to figure out the best lineup. There were quite a few lineup changes throughout the match.
And the first year players are playing like Seniors. That bodes well for the future.And how much is Kelly missed? She could have been a real asset tonight.

And the first year players are playing like Seniors. That bodes well for the future.And how much is Kelly missed? She could have been a real asset tonight.
Excellent game between 2 very fine teams. Pitt was up 24 to 21 in the 1st match and Oregon scored 5 straight points to win it 26 to 24. As you said....losing that way was a killer. The loss shouldn't effect them in next week's national rankings too much. Three more non conference games....all very winnable. ACC play will begin the last weekend of the month. Lots to look forward to.

Bre Kelley is very hobbled....on crutches with a fitted boot type covering from toes to calf to keep the ankle immobilized. Just have to wait and see whether she can recover enough to play again this season.

Excellent game between 2 very fine teams. Pitt was up 24 to 21 in the 1st match and Oregon scored 5 straight points to win it 26 to 24. As you said....losing that way was a killer. The loss shouldn't effect them in next week's national rankings too much. Three more non conference games....all very winnable. ACC play will begin the last weekend of the month. Lots to look forward to.

Bre Kelley is very hobbled....on crutches with a fitted boot type covering from toes to calf to keep the ankle immobilized. Just have to wait and see whether she can recover enough to play again this season.
What happened when they were up 24-21 in the first set? I wasn’t watching at that point. Was Colyer serving for Oregon at that time by chance?

What happened when they were up 24-21 in the first set? I wasn’t watching at that point. Was Colyer serving for Oregon at that time by chance?
I think she served out the set for Oregon, or at the very least, had a big part in their comeback.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Yes- they really struggled with her serve all match. I swear Oregon went on at least a 3 point run every time she served.

Overall just a high level match - Oregon’s block and defense was most impressive. Our timing seemed a little off on setting.

Fisher switched up the rostation in the 3rd set - using Jespen , Dalton, Akeo instead of Che , Bayless, and Haiti. That group won the 2 sets ( along with the rest of the regular rotation).

You know you have hit the big time when the crowd was angry at the officials- couple of tough calls late in the 5th set really hurt — an obvious but rarely called carry that wasn’t called on them and a rarely called but called double hit on us.

I saw her on the bench.That doesn’t look good.Could she get a redshirt year? As far as the game, I somehow knew blowing that first set would cost us.

Reactions: vantheman1976
Yes- they really struggled with her serve all match. I swear Oregon went on at least a 3 point run every time she served.

Overall just a high level match - Oregon’s block and defense was most impressive. Our timing seemed a little off on setting.

Fisher switched up the rostation in the 3rd set - using Jespen , Dalton, Akeo instead of Che , Bayless, and Haiti. That group won the 2 sets ( along with the rest of the regular rotation).

You know you have hit the big time when the crowd was angry at the officials- couple of tough calls late in the 5th set really hurt — an obvious but rarely called carry that wasn’t called on them and a rarely called but called double hit on us.
I thought Akeo should have come in earlier. The freshman setter wasn't having a great night with timing and/or placement of her sets when she was in.

Reactions: PittMBA
I didn't get to watch because I was watching my own volleyball player but I was pleased to see they fought back. I don't think there's any reason to be disappointed with this loss other than it's a game they could have won. Oregon is a good team.

I think the coolest thing about VB is that the best schools don't just play a token big game here and there. Pitt has played quite a few ranked opponents and so have most of the other schools that expect to still be around late in the tournament. Kentucky's schedule has been wild. There have been so many big matches the first couple of weeks and there has been a lot of good volleyball to watch. Ton of upsets, too.

I thought Akeo should have come in earlier. The freshman setter wasn't having a great night with timing and/or placement of her sets when she was in.
I’d add Che and Bayless to this - they just didn’t quite have it last night . Akeo, Jespen , and Dalton were definitely a spark .

Reactions: Black Panther

The call that really got me was the overturn on the Oregon spike in the 5th. I don't know if the replay person has access to more views than what they can show us on television, but there was nothing they showed on television that could even come close to conclusive evidence to overturn a call. In fact one of the angles made it look like neither of the Pitt players really came all that close.

Reactions: Chaos and Fk_Pitt
On a side note, I think Kayla Lund did a great job on color during the telecast as well.
She was tremendous. A real natural like she’s been doing it forever.

My daughters former teammate has done some of the Pitt soccer games, and while she does a good job with it, Lund just appears to be in a different league.

Reactions: Black Panther
The call that really got me was the overturn on the Oregon spike in the 5th. I don't know if the replay person has access to more views than what they can show us on television, but there was nothing they showed on television that could even come close to conclusive evidence to overturn a call. In fact one of the angles made it look like neither of the Pitt players really came all that close.
I was at the game, and they do not show replays of reviews on the screens - unlike football. Disappointing not to be able to see them.

It reminded me of the overturn in the regional final v Washington.But as you know that should have never gone to a fifth set anyway.But we needed to take to five last night.Still a tough call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT