Creighton over Seton Hall
Illinois over Minnesota
FGCU over UNF
Georgia State over James Madison
Purdue FW over Wright State
Jacksonville over Stetson
UIC over Drake
Cal over Colorado
Butler vs St. John’s - not sure who we want…

Reactions: Zepley09
First result of night:
Florida over Mizz 83-74, but Mizz kept it closer than original line of 12.5. Torvik had it at 16.5. Hopefully their net moves up from 150 tomorrow.

PFW with an upset road win over Wright
Providence blown out by Marquette
FGCU blows out UNF
NW over MD
SC holds on against Texas A&M
Seton Hall blown out versus Creighton
Drake in triple OT with UIC

Last edited:
A bunch of teams on the bubble lost.

Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Minnesota
Seton Hall
Providence
Butler
Maryland
Oklahoma

As is the case every night. Mediocre teams posting mediocre results should be a surprise to no one, and is why Pitt still has a decent chance at an at-large bid

Last week in a thread about this, I threw out seven bubble teams and some of their remaining games, and said that it was more likely that they would all lose at least one than that any of the seven would win all the rest of their games.

One week later and all seven of them have already lost (eight if you count us). Because that's what teams on the bubble do.

Last week in a thread about this, I threw out seven bubble teams and some of their remaining games, and said that it was more likely that they would all lose at least one than that any of the seven would win all the rest of their games.

One week later and all seven of them have already lost (eight if you count us). Because that's what teams on the bubble do.
Yep. If you look at projected records based on BPI, torvik, or similar, this is the expected outcome, not all these teams who have been losing with regularity all season suddenly turning into national championship contenders.

I'm not sure why people struggle with this.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Yep. If you look at projected records based on BPI, torvik, or similar, this is the expected outcome, not all these teams who have been losing with regularity all season suddenly turning into national championship contenders.

I'm not sure why people struggle with this.
We are just hoping that our mediocre team sucks just a little less than the other mediocre teams over the next couple weeks.

Reactions: Zepley09
Not even paying attention to the bubble. We need to go on a 5 game winning streak. If we win 4 in a row and then lose, we probably dont make it but then we can look at the bubble

Not even paying attention to the bubble. We need to go on a 5 game winning streak. If we win 4 in a row and then lose, we probably dont make it but then we can look at the bubble
LOL. I understand not paying attention but you have zero idea how 4-1 and being 8-2 in our last 10 is gonna be looked at by the committee. These idiot bracketologists mean nothing.

Reactions: pittjas
LOL. I understand not paying attention but you have zero idea how 4-1 and being 8-2 in our last 10 is gonna be looked at by the committee. These idiot bracketologists mean nothing.

They dont officially count the last 10 anymore. I have said before that 3-0 + 1-1 gives us a chance. Probably not a good chance. But a chance. We'd have 7 road wins and 2 neutral site wins. We'd be the team nobody has in but the committee could put us in on the road wins and a good NET.

Reactions: PittMBA
They dont officially count the last 10 anymore. I have said before that 3-0 + 1-1 gives us a chance. Probably not a good chance. But a chance. We'd have 7 road wins and 2 neutral site wins. We'd be the team nobody has in but the committee could put us in on the road wins and a good NET.
They're gonna get in at 3-1 and despite what they say, they're going to look at how people have been playing lately. They're human.

We're on the bubble right now. All we need to do is perform as projected and we'll be right on the cut line and have to see where the chips fall on selection Sunday.

If we suck a lot less than the other bubble teams (i.e. win our second round ACC tournament game), we should be on the good side of that line.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT