ADVERTISEMENT

VT GAME THREAD...

Good start bad last 3 minutes.

Wilson Frame has been awful....

Chuckwa is awful....

Cheap fouls on Pitt no fouls on tech.

Parker looking good shooting with lots of confidence.
Good shooting start when they don’t turn over the ball. Wilson-Frame is the only one to miss. He just chucks up shots. Does little to make others better it seems.

My first time actually sitting and watching this year’s Pitt team. Having grown up with the Pitt teams in the early-late 2000’s, this is tough. It’s just all 3’s. Nothing inside.

Over 12 minutes into the game and we have not missed a two point shot yet.

Of course we've only taken three of them.

Team turns the ball over, VT gets a breakaway dunk. Does that/will that kind of thing ever happen for Pitt in ACC play?

Terrible finish...not smart...shot too early and then no defense

Dribbles out clock, chucks up a 3, lets VT get a breakaway basket for their biggest lead of the day. Less than ideal finish to the half.

Reactions: gary2
Yeah - shame. That's the ballgame, IMO. But I still think they show stretches of high potential. Just no bench or bigs.

I guess with a young team, you have to keep Carr in there, as opposed to the pine the first few minutes of the second half. Utterly careless on his part at the end there.

I've been watching Brown closely on D. Wow.

Just some youth and inexperience taking over at the end of the half. Need some shots to fall early in the 2nd half to keep their heads in the game.

Young teams can have wild shifts in confidence. Lets hope they forget those last few minutes and get back a little mojo.

Carr has been wretched in this one so far. This is what its all about. Shake it off and come back with a good 2nd half. Just get better.

Reactions: FireballZ
I think inconsistent is a better word than wretched. He scored nine points in the first half, I think we'd take that every half he plays. He's got three rebounds, a pretty good half for a point guard. But he also has zero assists and four turnovers, which you just can't have out of your primary ball handler.

Overall they actually look like they know what they're doing, and are actually executing
the offense for the most part. I see a lot of improvement out of Stewart, Davis and Brown.
Now we can very easily sit here and cherry pick instances of good and bad, but to me
that is senseless. VT has more talent, experience, and a big who's far better than anyone
we have, yet we're in there fighting, and clearly not backing down. You can easily see the
improvement. The defense still has an incredible long way to go. Second half will be interesting...do we ramp it up a notch, or let VT come out and blow us out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT