ADVERTISEMENT

WANNY picks. .....

Wanny's failure was not recruiting a QB who could win at the collegiate level. Had he gotten a PIcket type QB things would have ended much better as overall the talent was improving. Put this in perspective, Gary Nova was the best QB Wanny recruited to Pitt......When your QB is Tino........you're hurting.

Perhaps, but what has Pitt won since? Kind of like when Steve arrived at Nebraska and fired Solich...they still have not returned to the level they were at when Steve arrived. Simply put, the guy is an arrogant assclown that has never won anything...other than a golden parachute from Nordenberg. Hail to Pitt!

I always thought Pederson was under appreciated here during his 1st term. But his second stint was a disaster, except for getting the nits on the schedule and whatever role he played in getting the ACC deal done. And his crowning achievement, building the Pete and moving to Heinz is looking worse & worse each year, So you get no more argument from me, especially since there are better things to discuss this week!

Yeah, so? We beat Rutgers both the last 2 years of his tenure, and both Rutgers under schiano and Uconn were actually good teams during those years.

Just maybe that is due to the shit QBs we had? Or just odds. I mean, really this is such a dumb point. Are you saying we werent Alabama? Duh...

Could you imagine if all colleges were run by you? Every coach would be fired every few years. You will always lose toss up games. If you think losing to an 8-4 Rutgers team is a horrible loss, its not... especially with shitty quarterbacks

I would advise you to give up Mr. Stache. If Souf isn't swinging from Smiley's sack he makes time to denigrate any and all things Wannstadt. With every passing year it appears that firing Wanny was not the way to go.

Reactions: PITTLAW
Yeah, so? We beat Rutgers both the last 2 years of his tenure, and both Rutgers under schiano and Uconn were actually good teams during those years.

Just maybe that is due to the shit QBs we had? Or just odds. I mean, really this is such a dumb point. Are you saying we werent Alabama? Duh...

Could you imagine if all colleges were run by you? Every coach would be fired every few years. You will always lose toss up games. If you think losing to an 8-4 Rutgers team is a horrible loss, its not... especially with shitty quarterbacks
They were bad losses because we had more talent and those teams had padded records built without beating good teams.

Dave Wannstedt was definitely worth the risk, but he is a loser and it was proven without a doubt at Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT