ADVERTISEMENT

Want a great example of the ridiculous over coverage of the steelers?

KennyHeisman8

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2021
57 plays???

In I believe 8 Super Bowls? When you have to put a 45 yard punt return or 21 yard field goal you know you’re really stretching.

It doesn’t have to be all Steelers all the time

57 plays???

In I believe 8 Super Bowls? When you have to put a 45 yard punt return or 21 yard field goal you know you’re really stretching.

The papers and radio stations know that the Steelers drive the bus.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Just wait until Adamski writes his column on Revis making the hall of fame only to have 90% of the article dedicated to how the steelers should take Joey porter Jr and why jr has a higher ceiling than Revis ever could achieve

57 plays???

You don’t have to read it.

57 plays from one team over 8 games is a tough task. If you showed the top 57 plays from the entire NFL season this year, you'd probably get to some pretty ordinary plays around #35 or so.

The papers and radio stations know that the Steelers drive the bus.

Check out our buddy Ron Cook's list of columns since the Steeler season ended on January 8th. Out of 14 columns, 8 are Steeler related, including one on January 30th (3 weeks after the season ended and a few days after the big Miami basketball win) on why Trubisky is still right for the Steelers. Missing is any mention of the great season the Pitt basketball team has put together.

So yeah, if you ever wonder why O$U has no problem drawing huge crowds and undivided attention for a similar sized city, remember they have no NFL team to contend with, and especially one as iconic as the Stillers.

Although we do have benefits with the arrangement. Tomlins comments on drafting Pickett and how they had the familiarity should be on a repeat loop for all Pitt football related recruiting materials.

Check out our buddy Ron Cook's list of columns since the Steeler season ended on January 8th. Out of 14 columns, 8 are Steeler related, including one on January 30th (3 weeks after the season ended and a few days after the big Miami basketball win) on why Trubisky is still right for the Steelers. Missing is any mention of the great season the Pitt basketball team has put together.

So yeah, if you ever wonder why O$U has no problem drawing huge crowds and undivided attention for a similar sized city, remember they have no NFL team to contend with, and especially one as iconic as the Stillers.

Although we do have benefits with the arrangement. Tomlins comments on drafting Pickett and how they had the familiarity should be on a repeat loop for all Pitt football related recruiting materials.
They’re giving the readers what they want. Yinzers would rather read old, recycled Steelers stories than anything else.

With the NFL player draft coming-up, it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.

They’re giving the readers what they want. Yinzers would rather read old, recycled Steelers stories than anything else.

With the NFL player draft coming-up, it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.
I don’t know what the ratings are anymore. Madden always has been the most dominant sports host in the city for the past 25 years. And since Madden has been going head to head with Poni and Mueller, I wonder how much they’ve closed the gap on Madden. They are pretty much Steelers 90% of the time and Madden rips them for it. But they are giving the city what it wants.

It's silly, but it's a reflection of what the people consume.

And I've thought about it: I'm almost glad Pitt doesn't have more of these casual yinzer fans. It would feel like being into an indie rock band and then having them blow up with a crossover pop album and having to cringe at the new waves of fans that attracted.

Not enough people around here follow/understand college football enough for me to want to hear their opinions. My one friend shames me for having the audacity to follow a team that never has a chance to win "the" championship (to him, it's national title or bust).

I try to explain that college football is not designed for every team to have even a semi-realistic shot at winning a national title (like, are you going to call Rice a failure if they're not making the playoff?), but he doesn't want to hear it. Let them have their Buccos, Stillers, and Pens.

The absolute worst Steelers coverage is when they host random draftable players, guys they have maybe a 1/30 chance of drafting and yet we are exposed to a full articles and radio interviews with these players, none of whom will actually play for the Steelers. Often it was during March Madness when Pitt was good. "Ok, guys when we come back, we'll take a break from discussing Pitt's 2nd Round NCAA Tournament game tomorrow because we have a interview with a random SMU player who the Steelers arent going to draft but visited the South Side yesterday just in case."

I don’t know what the ratings are anymore. Madden always has been the most dominant sports host in the city for the past 25 years. And since Madden has been going head to head with Poni and Mueller, I wonder how much they’ve closed the gap on Madden. They are pretty much Steelers 90% of the time and Madden rips them for it. But they are giving the city what it wants.
Evidently from MM's reactions to them and to well everybody, I don't think he dominates ratings anymore.

so this morning, after a home basketball game that has our Pitt Panthers now in first place in the ACC, what did Ron Cook chose to write about in the PG? Yep, another article on the Stillers. I guess Ron had Valentines plans and couldn't be bothered.

No doubt the game he finally decides to attend will be a loss and he will be ready with his same old Pitt article.

Reactions: pittdan77
Just a gimmick, 57 Super Bowls, 57 plays, instead of just doing the traditional Top 10. And why does it bother you? Upset that Pitt doesn't get as much attention as the Steelers? Well, that's because Pitt DOESN'T DESERVE as much attention.

so this morning, after a home basketball game that has our Pitt Panthers now in first place in the ACC, what did Ron Cook chose to write about in the PG? Yep, another article on the Stillers. I guess Ron had Valentines plans and couldn't be bothered.

No doubt the game he finally decides to attend will be a loss and he will be ready with his same old Pitt article.
He probably wrote it hours before the Pitt game was ever played, you think he stays up writing after midnight?

He probably wrote it hours before the Pitt game was ever played, you think he stays up writing after midnight?

to Cook's credit, he doesn't write about a game unless he attends in person. But a sports writer had better plans than attending an ACC basketball game in town, and choses instead to mail in another article on the Stillers, over a month since the season ended? Seems kind of lazy to me.

to Cook's credit, he doesn't write about a game unless he attends in person. But a sports writer had better plans than attending an ACC basketball game in town, and choses instead to mail in another article on the Stillers, over a month since the season ended? Seems kind of lazy to me.
Exactly, he's a lazy old man with a cushy position and no ambition, he's taking the easy way for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT