ADVERTISEMENT

Was Enfield Offered the Job?

Theword777

Prep
Mar 18, 2008
As the title states - was Enfield actually offered the job? With all the Stallings noise out there I can't find much else.

Multiple people have said yes and that he turned it down.
Not sure if I buy it but on Twitter I saw a guy who said he has a source close to Enfield. He said Enfield was on board but said he wanted Dixon money and Barnes said no. Like I said not sure if this is true at alllll but maybe it is.

Not sure if I buy it but on Twitter I saw a guy who said he has a source close to Enfield. He said Enfield was on board but said he wanted Dixon money and Barnes said no. Like I said not sure if this is true at alllll but maybe it is.

Well with the Dixon buyout from TCU, no Vandy buyout, the lower Stallings safe hire salary the athletic department should have some walking around money for raises for Barnes and others.
Genius plan!
Just wait for Narduzzi to figure this out and bolt!

To me, if you have inferior coaches to Dixon asking for Dixon money that's a pretty big indictment of this job's appeal on its own.

I hope that didn't happen.

If Barnes sees the complete fan meltdown and media mockery, doubles back on Stallings, and goes back to Enfield and says "Sorry, we will indeed give you Dixon money," I will be happy. It's a lot of crow to eat to 2 coaches and an entire fan base, but that's what being an ACC AD requires.

To me, if you have inferior coaches to Dixon asking for Dixon money that's a pretty big indictment of this job's appeal on its own.

No it didn't. It didn't even reach a negotiation stage. Idiot Barnes gave him an offer, Enfield responded, and that was that.

Did he want Dixon money? He asked for it. But that's negotiation. Just like for any job.

If Barnes sees the complete fan meltdown and media mockery, doubles back on Stallings, and goes back to Enfield and says "Sorry, we will indeed give you Dixon money," I will be happy. It's a lot of crow to eat to 2 coaches and an entire fan base, but that's what being an ACC AD requires.

I think it's too late

Pitt has officially hired him sadly

The difference is one school is throwing a party that their coach is gone and the other coach has turned around 2 schools not known for basketball,and we getting mocked and humiliated for this hire

Reactions: NickPanthers

Really don't know if you can say Enfield is inferior. If u look at his résumé very similar to Howlands when hired in and his 1st years at Pitt.

If you want to play with the big boys you have to pony up $$$. Money talks bs walks.

Its not even that Enfield wanted Dixon money, anyone can ask for ANYTHING in a job search. Can negotiate.

Well with the Dixon buyout from TCU, no Vandy buyout, the lower Stallings safe hire salary the athletic department should have some walking around money for raises for Barnes and others.
Genius plan!
Just wait for Narduzzi to figure this out and bolt!

Or maybe it gives them more freedom w/ giving more support to the football program?? Pitt has a much better chance at making inroads in the ACC w/ football than trying to become top-dog in a top-heavy basketball program conference.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Or maybe it gives them more freedom w/ giving more support to the football program?? Pitt has a much better chance at making inroads in the ACC w/ football than trying to become top-dog in a top-heavy basketball program conference.

Or pay an up and comer and at least given the fans some hope. They had to buyout Stallings and gave him a 6 year deal. That just handcuffed the AD and they spent extra money. Nothing about this hire can be justified. You can stay a sucker and continue to support ineptitude then watch Barnes reap his reward in 12-24 months when he leaves.

Reactions: NickPanthers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT