ADVERTISEMENT

Was life better....

InfoManiac

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2015
Butler Co, PA
...before message boards? Don't get me wrong, I truly do enjoy hearing the differing opinions and the personalities that come through as posters become recognizable. But looking at the overall experience dating back to 2002 it seems to have taken a sharp turn. I remember being on the free board when Pitt lost to Kent St at Rupp Arena. The next day after driving home I posted about the loss and everyone was so positive. Even though Pitt lost to a lower seed everyone viewed it very positively.

Fast forward to 2015 and like everyone is saying recently, it is hard to find even a morsel of good news. We get worked up about recruits 6 months before the early signing period. Commitments & decommits seem to both be viewed more negative than positive. People generally are arguing with each other on every post. It just seems like life was better when we didn't have the early news and we didn't agonize over which player was visiting which school and what coach was watching which recruit. We didn't log into pantherlair everyday or even 10 times to check the latest news.

I do like getting the news and hearing the opinions but this site just seems like one more stresser whether it be some perceived bad news or 2 people calling each other names. Obviously we are all very passionate about Pitt, but I'm curious if the culture on this site brings more stress to your day or do you feel it is a refreshing escape that you can't live without?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News