ADVERTISEMENT

Way of Topic- Retina Detachment Surgery

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
Anyoone have it or eye doctor on board. They used the gas bubble procedure and its been ten days and no difference in symptoms . Basically no vision in surgery eye after ten days. I have a second follow up next week. In the first follow uo they said it appeared to be healing but they said the gas bubble needs to disappear before i see any change in vision. I am useless until them. Thank god for my wife. Any assuring responses would be appreciated.

Any eye doctors on board. Just looking for reassurance that vision disturbances is very normal in surgery eye less than two weekssice surgery date. My surgeons reassure this - just need to hear it from others.

No not yet. Could be four to six weeks more. My surgery eye is still blurry which they said is to be expected because iof some sort of gas bubble they put in to heal the retina, its a scary process but everybody including the surgeon said it will improve. Thankfully i amretired but havent drove my car in a month. Thanks for your response. They said this is a more common operation than you tthink. They did 16 this month with most in my age range70.

Reactions: oldbastard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT