ADVERTISEMENT

Article Weaver earns consensus All-America honors

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
For the first time since 2016, Pitt has a consensus first-team All-American.

On Thursday, the American Football Coaches Association announced its 2020 All-America team and Pitt defensive end Rashad Weaver was a first-team selection. That was Weaver’s third first-team All-America nod from a major selector this offseason, giving the redshirt senior consensus honors.

Reactions: KennyTheKangaroo
For the first time since 2016, Pitt has a consensus first-team All-American.

On Thursday, the American Football Coaches Association announced its 2020 All-America team and Pitt defensive end Rashad Weaver was a first-team selection. That was Weaver’s third first-team All-America nod from a major selector this offseason, giving the redshirt senior consensus honors.

Chris, what is the difference between consensus and unanimous and what are the "official" organizations that are used to determine all American status?

Chris, what is the difference between consensus and unanimous and what are the "official" organizations that are used to determine all American status?
I’m to lazy to go back and retrieve them to post here, but there have been a few different articles in the last day or so listing the 5 organizations that make up the ‘consensus’ classification. You can go to Pittsburgh Triblive sports, their article today lists the 5 and why Weaver is now considered consensus after 1 of the 2 remaining came out today with Weaver on it.

And the most important thing I forgot to add in my reply.....

CONGRATS to Weaver for CONSENSUS AA. First for Pitt since QHenderson and ADonald.

I think that gives us 52. Only 8 schools have more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT