2:30 NBC - Notre Dame vs Navy in Dublin
5:30 CBSSN - UTEP @ Jacksonville State
7:00 ESPN - UMass @ New Mexico State
7:00 FS1 - Ohio @ San Diego State
7:30 SECN - Hawaii @ Vanderbilt
8:00 P12N - San Jose State @ USC
9:00 CBSSN - FIU @ Louisiana Tech

- CUSA starting early and Rich Rod back in D1 with Jax St

- Vandy vs Hawaii in the "we dont have a stadium game." Well, actually Vandy has a stadium, they just tore out part of it so it only seats 28,500 until they build it back

With so few games, what's the point of a Week 0?

I really never understood the point of Week 0 unless its Hawaii or a game in Europe. Can anyone do it? Maybe we can get Pitt/Duq at PNC Park or Wheeling Island in Week 0

I really never understood the point of Week 0 unless its Hawaii or a game in Europe. Can anyone do it? Maybe we can get Pitt/Duq at PNC Park or Wheeling Island in Week 0

When Miami and UF moved their game to Week 0 a few years ago so they could get a national spotlight, I really thought that would be a trend. Like the new Monday Night Labor Day game.

Now it’s just become the Ireland game. Which are fine games. But not the big OOC week 1 showdown.

When Miami and UF moved their game to Week 0 a few years ago so they could get a national spotlight, I really thought that would be a trend. Like the new Monday Night Labor Day game.

Now it’s just become the Ireland game. Which are fine games. But not the big OOC week 1 showdown.

Yea, I dont understand why more teams dont do it. Like take Pitt/Wofford. Wouldn't that be better attended in Week 0 since some people go away for Labor Day or have youth sports duties?

Outside of ND/Navy, none of the games are really worth watching.

I was in San Diego State's stadium a few weeks ago. Its a blueprint of what Pitt should build but with about 10K more seats. Didnt want to turn this into a stadium post but it reminds me of WVU in that its not on their main campus but there's a few SDSU buildings around there and they call it their Mission Valley Campus. Its what Pitt should do in Hazelwood.

I was in San Diego State's stadium a few weeks ago. Its a blueprint of what Pitt should build but with about 10K more seats. Didnt want to turn this into a stadium post but it reminds me of WVU in that its not on their main campus but there's a few SDSU buildings around there and they call it their Mission Valley Campus. Its what Pitt should do in Hazelwood.
Did they build a whole new stadium or use some of the old Jack Murphy Stadium?

2:30 NBC - Notre Dame vs Navy in Dublin, is in Europe.
5:30 CBSSN - UTEP @ Jacksonville State
7:00 ESPN - UMass @ New Mexico State, New Mexico State at Hawaii, September 23.
7:00 FS1 - Ohio @ San Diego State, San Diego State at Hawaii, October 14
7:30 SECN - Hawaii @ Vanderbilt, kinda self explanatory.
8:00 P12N - San Jose State @ USC, San Jose State at Hawaii, October 28.
9:00 CBSSN - FIU @ Louisiana Tech

The only two that don't really make sense are the two CUSA games, and my guess is that they asked the NCAA to be allowed to play early and the NCAA said, who the hell are you people and why are you bothering us? and didn't care one way or the other.

It's 3 miles from the campus.

Yea I guess about that. I wasnt on SDSU's campus but the stadium portion, they call their Mission Valley campus. There's the stadium, a hosptital, and other buildings. There's also a train stop right there to take you to the main campus but I dont know if that's just the citywide one or an SDSU one

I mean you watch the NBA which is crap outside the playoffs
That’s called having good taste.

I’ve never been shy admitting I’m not a college sports fan. I’m a Pitt fan. But 95% of college football and basketball is poorly played slop.

Didn't that stadium take a ton of criticism last year for not being suited for the weather?

Yea, I dont understand why more teams dont do it. Like take Pitt/Wofford. Wouldn't that be better attended in Week 0 since some people go away for Labor Day or have youth sports duties?
if we are going to play wofford, youngstown state, best do it on labor day when fans are travelling, out of town. rather them have a nice holiday weekend and not feel bad about missing the fcs scrimmage than a real game..

if we are going to play wofford, youngstown state, best do it on labor day when fans are travelling, out of town. rather them have a nice holiday weekend and not feel bad about missing the fcs scrimmage than a real game..
Plus how could you mess with the date for rib fest?

It’s garbage. However, most of college football is garbage. Seriously. Even the good teams rarely play each other, especially in September.

Take advantage of beautiful weather and go hike, work in yard, raft, play sport, hang with family, fish, etc.

College football is quickly becoming a “tune in to your team (WVU in my case and Pitt for you) and quickly tune out”.

I’ll save a little more bandwidth for a football weekend for the Steeler game. I’ve significantly reduced my intake of sports content/viewing due to family obligations, etc. and it has brought a greater enjoyment of my weekends.

Man, it’s tough to believe the season is nearly here already. I have to shake myself out of the funk from all these negative conference doldrums. But after everything a going down and the pessimism it’s generated for the future, it has been harder than ever to really give a crap about college football. I’m far more interested in the start of the NFL season (and it’s usually the opposite for me).

Of course the gnawing uncertainty isn’t new for Pitt unfortunately, so maybe things won’t go how they feel certain they’ll be going in a few years. Hopefully the team itself is able to block out all the BS.

Meanwhile, have to try to start building excitement for … Wofford?

Oh as for this slate, blah. “Weak 0” would be a better term

The Dublin airport was packed with Notre dame merch last week. Didn’t see a single navy item. Not surprising.

The same people that watch high school football and the little league World Series.
I don't get your point...you look down of folks rooting for and watching local kids or kids representing their country in a tournament? Kind of odd and not relevant to a slate of games above where that is not the case....and here I thought I was the chief "get off my lawn" old bastard around here...

I don't get your point...you look down of folks rooting for and watching local kids or kids representing their country in a tournament? Kind of odd and not relevant to a slate of games above where that is not the case....and here I thought I was the chief "get off my lawn" old bastard around here...
I was merely quoting a thread from the other day. I should have included the plethora of pre Christmas bowl games. But yeah those watching all these games are those with very little to do.

582,000 people watched UMass/NMSU. This country is obsessed with college football. And people wonder why there are bowl games between 2 6-6 G5 teams on a December weekday afternoon before Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT