ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Pitt Basketball Poll 7/18-19(2020)

Do you think any Pitt BBall players will kneel in protest when the Anthem is played this season?

• Yes

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
I was thinking about this once I asked the National Anthem question yesterday so I figured it would be an interesting weekend poll question.

I'm really honestly not sure about this. If this was about the football team I'd be more likely to say yes but I really don't know in regards to the hoops team.

I will pick an answer here since it is a poll so I will say YES. There seems to be much more acceptance about kneeling during the Anthem after the nationwide and worldwide protests last month. And colleges all around the country have made lots of statements claiming they will support protests. It seems like the whole country has done an about face in support since the death of George Floyd.

So I am going to say YES. I can see at least 1 or 2 Pitt basketball players taking a knee during the National Anthem. Maybe not every game but if I had to choose I say YES.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Don’t know. Hope not. Hate having politics mixed with sports which I watch to escape from that stuff.
Tired of this crap too. The NFL thinks they have the world by the balls. They are going to find out that they are going to lose alot of viewership due to their stance and political show. It probably won't matter a bit though, because all the left wing corporate sponsors will be falling over themselves to get commercial time during the broadcasts.

Tired of this crap too. The NFL thinks they have the world by the balls. They are going to find out that they are going to lose alot of viewership due to their stance and political show. It probably won't matter a bit though, because all the left wing corporate sponsors will be falling over themselves to get commercial time during the broadcasts.

You mean like all the people who bailed after the Kaepernick and kneeling stuff?

Oh, wait...

A lot of people say they’ll do this or that. It’s just noise and idle “threats” other than a few idiots burning gear they paid lots of money for. And I bet they’re still viewing/going to games. Few actually back those words with actions.

I know 1 person who ever said something like that and followed through. Big animal rights person. Said if the Steelers signed Vick he was done with them. And stayed true to it.

Reactions: Ski11585
Here's a question to yinz, do the other international leagues, play their anthems before their games? Does the EPL? Does the KHL? Italy basketball? Bundersliga?

I don't know the answer to above. Is the US unique to this?

You mean like all the people who bailed after the Kaepernick and kneeling stuff?

Oh, wait...

A lot of people say they’ll do this or that. It’s just noise and idle “threats” other than a few idiots burning gear they paid lots of money for. And I bet they’re still viewing/going to games. Few actually back those words with actions.

I know 1 person who ever said something like that and followed through. Big animal rights person. Said if the Steelers signed Vick he was done with them. And stayed true to it.

Have to wait to see what happens. The NFL viewership drop the last go round initially was about 15%. Some believe it will be twice that this time.

It won’t matter to me one way or another as I haven’t watched the NFL more than casually in about a decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT