ADVERTISEMENT

Weird Game

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Eli Holstein had a 2nd poor game. Pitt's defense played even better this week. Held cuse to only 6 yards rushing and had 5 picks.

If we can put both good offense and good defense together this team will be really really good.

Reactions: PITT 76
Eli was robbed of three possessions by Pitt pick sixes. Other than the thankfully reversed INT, I think he played fine: 11 of 15, 2 TDs, no official INTs, a couple of nice runs. Nothing amazing but fine considering how much clock Syracuse had thanks to the pick sixes and their long drives
Yes on the time of possesion. About 41+ minutes to 18+ minutes is a huge gap.

I wouldn't know how to go about looking for it, but you'd probably have to do quite a bit of searching to find a game where four different linebackers had picks in one half. On top of that, Bass led to the 5th interception. And he also played his best game.
We hit the lottery on that group of young linebackers: Biles, Bass, Louis, and Lovelace are all sophomores.

I think the entire defense was phenomenal this game. It, also, looked as if they might have spent the off-week working on tackling and tip drills. They were just crisp.

Now, if Pitt can bring their best offense and defense to SMU, we'll be rolling. We will need it though because SMU will be the best team we've played this year.

We hit the lottery on that group of young linebackers: Biles, Bass, Louis, and Lovelace are all sophomores.

I think the entire defense was phenomenal this game. It, also, looked as if they might have spent the off-week working on tackling and tip drills. They were just crisp.

Now, if Pitt can bring their best offense and defense to SMU, we'll be rolling. We will need it though because SMU will be the best team we've played this year.

Might have also hit the lottery in that two other guys transferred. Biles and Louis look like SEC dudes.

That said, I wonder what George's availability will be. Looked like he sustained a leg injury.

Eli was robbed of three possessions by Pitt pick sixes. Other than the thankfully reversed INT, I think he played fine: 11 of 15, 2 TDs, no official INTs, a couple of nice runs. Nothing amazing but fine considering how much clock Syracuse had thanks to the pick sixes and their long drives

Right - in addition to the pick 6s, they decided to take 10 minutes off the clock to score.

I’m more concerned that he may have to deal with clearing concussion as opposed to long term about his performance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT