ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys think about the following...

ok, sorry..

and yeah, this game seems harmless and for the people who will shoot teenagers who are in their garage, lets relax a bit now. put the gun down rambo and lets talk it out, dont shoot teenagers.. it's not cool..

I never said I'd shoot them. Maybe someone else did, but I didn't. Read my post. I don't agree at all with gun violence but agree with the Second Amendment. And a kid trespassing on my property is not good for them.

The other matter is the graphic nature of the violence seen on TV and on video games. Yes, there were cowboys and Indians (sorry, Native Americans) when I was growing up and watched that on TV. I had play rifles and cap guns and even a Johnny Rebel cannon that I shot at my sister. But that isn't the graphic, bloody garbage that we see routinely on TV now. For some reason, that seems to inspire kids. That is a troubling trend. And besides, trespassing is trespassing, regardless if you're an adult or a teenager. It's breaking the law. I'm sick and tired of this soft on crime crap with weak DA's and judges. The kids who do that should be made accountable for that at the very least.

Like I said, someday this will escalate into some macho guy with a rifle deciding to shoot one of these kids and possibly killing them. It can be avoided if laws are enforced and kids respect other people's property. That's a parent issue.

ok, sorry..

and yeah, this game seems harmless and for the people who will shoot teenagers who are in their garage, lets relax a bit now. put the gun down rambo and lets talk it out, dont shoot teenagers.. it's not cool..
Zelda...I am one of those "Rambo people" that you referred to and I agree that the game is harmless until you start breaking rules and laws that our society has established for us all to obey.
Just wondering how you would feel if one of "teenagers" who are playing this harmless game, entered into your home through an open door without your permission? Are you going to be the calm, cool guy that you expect others to be when you confront this person who is standing in your kitchen??? If so, good for you. For me, there is no question of how I would handle the situation.
Also, I would like to add, that I saw this same player yesterday and talked to him and he told me that one of the "harmless game" participants got into an automobile accident chasing one of his targets of their place of work. By the way, the other car that was involved in the accident, was a 70 year old lady coming home from the store.

Zelda...I am one of those "Rambo people" that you referred to and I agree that the game is harmless until you start breaking rules and laws that our society has established for us all to obey.
Just wondering how you would feel if one of "teenagers" who are playing this harmless game, entered into your home through an open door without your permission? Are you going to be the calm, cool guy that you expect others to be when you confront this person who is standing in your kitchen??? If so, good for you. For me, there is no question of how I would handle the situation.
Also, I would like to add, that I saw this same player yesterday and talked to him and he told me that one of the "harmless game" participants got into an automobile accident chasing one of his targets of their place of work. By the way, the other car that was involved in the accident, was a 70 year old lady coming home from the store.
No, I’d be pissed as hell. I wouldn’t kill them though. There is sone space between being calm and putting a bullet into a kid’s chest from 4’ away.

The parents around me have been complaining about this last year or two cause I guess they drive around chasing each other during this game and blowing thru stop signs, driving like azzholes, etc.

Last edited:
No, I’d be pissed as hell. I wouldn’t kill them though. There is sone space between being calm and putting a bullet into a kid’s chest from 4’ away.

The parents around me have been complaining about this last year or two cause I guess they drive around chasing each other during this game and blowing thru stop signs, driving like azzholes, etc.
I agree that there is a space between the two and that space is don't enter into someone else's home without being invited to do so.

It's trespassing and it's a crime punishable by fines at the very least, possibly jail time. But the most concerning issue is that someone, including the kids doing this stupid stuff, will get hurt or killed eventually. Hopefully, it won't be an innocent person who just happened to be driving by or someone getting hurt by these kids playing moronic games.

I would never shoot anyone if they're not attacking me or my family. But if a kid was trespassing in or around my home, it's for sure he will regret it for a long while.

If my teenage kid was hiding in someone’s garage to shoot them with a squirt gun to win a game, I’d beat the F out of him myself.

Reactions: NTOP
You're fortunate. Just imagine a bunch of doughy looking guys whose pants are in danger of falling off from the extra weight of their equipment skulking around the woods shooting plastic BB's at each other and having arguments over whether someone is dead or not.
You grew up with me in the 90s. I got a bb stuck in my ass. First rule was no 10 pump. HailtoPitt

Reactions: pittdan77
I have a 12 year old, a 7 year old and a one year old. I would have no problem with this. I guess it depends on where you live. But luckily some of us still live in a bubble. If that bubble is burst, it's not BECAUSE OF A KID playing this game. HAILTOPITT!

It's trespassing and it's a crime punishable by fines at the very least, possibly jail time. But the most concerning issue is that someone, including the kids doing this stupid stuff, will get hurt or killed eventually. Hopefully, it won't be an innocent person who just happened to be driving by or someone getting hurt by these kids playing moronic games.

I would never shoot anyone if they're not attacking me or my family. But if a kid was trespassing in or around my home, it's for sure he will regret it for a long while.
Let kids be kids. Your the the one that will shoot a kid

I would not intentionally gun down a kid in my garage unless he was armed. That is the part that scares me. If the teen is holding a squirt gun that looks like a real gun, I hope he doesn't make any quick moves that threaten me.

If the guns look like squirt guns, we won't have to worry about a bad outcome.

As for kids playing with squirt guns, that doesn't bother me at all.

games should be played within the laws of society and its not an issue.
I am more concerned about the nature of this game, the graphic violence and the shooter gaming craze of today is very bad for kids. They have a very skewed look on respecting life. People always say, nah no it doesnt.....but there is no way it doesnt.

When a 10 year old is playing Grand theft auto and beating up woman (prostitutes), there is nothing good that comes from it

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
games should be played within the laws of society and its not an issue.
I am more concerned about the nature of this game, the graphic violence and the shooter gaming craze of today is very bad for kids. They have a very skewed look on respecting life. People always say, nah no it doesnt.....but there is no way it doesnt.

When a 10 year old is playing Grand theft auto and beating up woman (prostitutes), there is nothing good that comes from it

This is so true. It's just a matter of respect and playing a game within the law. It's not difficult.

I was speaking with my wife’s friend about this game the other day. She said her daughter played several years ago and didn’t tell her she was playing. The women was home alone and her husband was away for work. At ~9:00pm, she heard something outside and after looking out every window saw someone dressed in all black with a mask and a squirt gun that looked like a real gun hiding in the bushes. She freaked out and called the police.

Her daughter got home as the police arrived and had to explain what was going on, which took quite a bit of time before they let the dude go.

Last edited:
The game sounds fun especially if you're not playing it in America.

I am the Head Coach of a local high school sports team. The name of the school and the sport are not relevant to my question, so I will not name them.
Any way, today I was working with one of my players and I asked him how his week went. Last week he told me that he entered into a "game" that was being played by quite a few upperclass students in his school. The game was called something along the lines of "Squirt Gun Assassination". Basically the game participants are paired into groups of two players and they are given the names of another group of two students that they are supposed to "assassinate" with a squirt gun. There are some basic rules that all must follow but they do allow people to wait outside peoples home, places of work, at the mall, etc... . They are not allowed to pursue their targets during school, at school related events of on school property. There are more rules, but I do not know all of them.
So when II asked him how his week went, he told me they got their "targets". Then he told me something that blew my mind. He told me almost got caught last weekend when he was getting ready to go work. His car was parked in the driveway and the families garage door was open. He said that is sister happened to be walking out the door in front of him and she jumped back and screamed. Believe it or not, two of the kids who were supposed to "assassinate" him and his friend were lying in wait inside his garage. Evidently, the rules allow the players to enter the garage area of their target if the door is open.
I asked the kid what happened. He laughed and said nothing, they left without accomplishing their goal. I asked him what his dad did who was in the house at the time. He laughed and said nothing. I told him if that was my home and those people were in my garage, there was a good chance that someone may have gotten hurt or shot.
Am I over reacting to this situation or would you guys have handled the situation like his dad?
They still play this in Hampton?

Except that 2010-20 had
the lowest murder rate in at least 60 years.
the lowest violent crime rate since at least the 1960s
the lowest youth violent crime rate since at least the 1970s
the lowest youth murder rate since at least the 1970s

But don't let that get in the way of your rant.

Except that 2010-20 had
the lowest murder rate in at least 60 years.
the lowest violent crime rate since at least the 1960s
the lowest youth violent crime rate since at least the 1970s
the lowest youth murder rate since at least the 1970s

But don't let that get in the way of your rant.
What does that have to do with now? Those kids were 2 to 8 year-olds then.
Don't let common sense get in the way of you blind misconception

In a lot of ways we were worse kids but better. Like Zelda, we just built fires in the woods. Drank beer underage and maybe smoked a little weed. Our being bad was playing cat and mouse with the police.
The police caught onto our parties. They would drive up into the woods and confiscate our beer. We were sure they just took it home since there was never any threat of arrest. So we put a board with nails into a puddle and called the cops on ourselves. When they pulled in and got flat tires we pelted their car with apples from the apple tree. Were we bad? I guess. Kids today are just so different.

What does that have to do with now? Those kids were 2 to 8 year-olds then.
Don't let common sense get in the way of you blind misconception
The modern style of GTA game was released in 2001. Those kids are in their 30s now. What's your excuse for the high crime and youth crime rates of the 70s-90s? No matter how you look at it, violent crime has been far below what it was in 1970-1999.
violent-crime-rate.jpg

ft_2022.10.31_violent-crime_03.png

image.png

Honestly, I am impressed kids are able to put their phones down long enough to play this type of game.

In a lot of ways we were worse kids but better. Like Zelda, we just built fires in the woods. Drank beer underage and maybe smoked a little weed. Our being bad was playing cat and mouse with the police.
The police caught onto our parties. They would drive up into the woods and confiscate our beer. We were sure they just took it home since there was never any threat of arrest. So we put a board with nails into a puddle and called the cops on ourselves. When they pulled in and got flat tires we pelted their car with apples from the apple tree. Were we bad? I guess. Kids today are just so different.
Not sure they're different. Just look for other outlets. I mean, just ten years ago, my nephew was at a bush party like that and the cops showed up and issued everyone a summons. Paraded them all into court and they all got fines. Then the school started punishing them even though it wasn't anything to do with the school. Not worth it so they find other outlets.

Not sure they're different. Just look for other outlets. I mean, just ten years ago, my nephew was at a bush party like that and the cops showed up and issued everyone a summons. Paraded them all into court and they all got fines. Then the school started punishing them even though it wasn't anything to do with the school. Not worth it so they find other outlets.
No doubt it’s a different world then when I was young. I just don’t think anyone I knew would do a tide pod challenge.

No doubt it’s a different world then when I was young. I just don’t think anyone I knew would do a tide pod challenge.
Haha. Well, I played football with some guys that got their hands on horse steroids and decided to inject the stuff into each muscle. I know I was surrounded by idiots but I always imagined there were people like that everywhere.

The modern style of GTA game was released in 2001. Those kids are in their 30s now. What's your excuse for the high crime and youth crime rates of the 70s-90s? No matter how you look at it, violent crime has been far below what it was in 1970-1999.
violent-crime-rate.jpg

ft_2022.10.31_violent-crime_03.png

image.png
That's awesome but where did I ever say we had a higher crime rate as a result of these games.
How do explain these active shooter situations that sooooo mimic single shooter games. He'll they dress up like them. Explain to me where you think that comes from?

i feel like there was a movie in early 80s like this, called tag. same concept but with paint ball guns. until someone of course started killing people for real. but it was on a college campus. I want to say "Goose" From top gun was in it..

EDIT: Nope, called "Gotcha".
The origins of the game are rooted in a short story written around 1950 and adapted for a radio play, The seventh Victim, in 1953. It was further adapted in an Italian film, The Tenth Victim, in 1965, directed by Elio Petri and starring Marcello Mastriani and the stunning Ursula Andres. Basically, It involved a universal attempt to stop random killing by enlisting homicidal volunteers to alternately act as Hunter and Victim. The survivor of each Hunt was rewarded with cash and after surviving 10 hunts you received acclaim and $1,000,000 (about 10,000,000 today.)

Someone is going to get killed playing this game. Its pretty incredible that it hasnt happened yet.
Spoke with the kids dad on my team yesterday and he told me that there was an incident where 4 teens pulled up to a stop light (on a very busy major traffic artery in the area) and got out of their car in order to get their target who was two cars ahead of them. The game may sound innocent but doing this stuff on a busy 4 lane highway is just foolish. You are 100% correct when you say that someone is going to get killed playing this game.

Spoke with the kids dad on my team yesterday and he told me that there was an incident where 4 teens pulled up to a stop light (on a very busy major traffic artery in the area) and got out of their car in order to get their target who was two cars ahead of them. The game may sound innocent but doing this stuff on a busy 4 lane highway is just foolish. You are 100% correct when you say that someone is going to get killed playing this game.
kids these days. Never before this generation did teens play around by jumping out of cars at busy intersections like they were practicing some sort of fire drill...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT