ADVERTISEMENT

What if Rutgers, UConn joined the ACC?

Does UCONN still have football? Will they have football after this pandemic clears?

I’d rather grab Cincy and give BC the boot.
Cinn.would make sence.We were starting a decent rivalry with them and they for sure have a rival in Louisville.BC can stay they are what Temple was to the Big East.You need a solid bottom feeder in the league.Still cant believe we lost to them last year.But if we would have stopped the run game we would have won.And if both Rutgers and UConn were added we truly would then know the world is indeed ending.But I do miss the UConn basketball rivalry.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Cinn.would make sence.We were starting a decent rivalry

Decent? Just look at this thing!

RiverCityRivalry.jpg

Cinn.would make sence.We were starting a decent rivalry with them and they for sure have a rival in Louisville.BC can stay they are what Temple was to the Big East.You need a solid bottom feeder in the league.Still cant believe we lost to them last year.But if we would have stopped the run game we would have won.And if both Rutgers and UConn were added we truly would then know the world is indeed ending.But I do miss the UConn basketball rivalry.
Part of me wouldn’t mind Cincinnati joining the ACC, but the other half of me hopes they stay in the AAC and remain in obscurity forever. They kept us out of the BCS twice and that 2009 River City game is still painful to me.

That response is half-jokingly, half-serious. :D:oops:

Go do the math on MD then come back to admit that you don't have a clue.

MD and Rutgers aren't full fledged members of the Big Ten yet.

In addition, I believe that MD borrowed against future payouts so that they didn't have to drop as many as six varsity programs.

Reactions: JSSTartan
With ND ACC without it is even. I spend a great deal of time in NYC and it’s more of a pro town in my opinion.

The reason that Rutgers was added instead of Pitt, Mizzou or West Virginia was that the Big Ten wanted the NYC footprint before the next round of negotiations for BTN.

BTN is on basic cable in all member markets. Others can only get it as part of a premium sports package.

The reason that Rutgers was added instead of Pitt, Mizzou or West Virginia was that the Big Ten wanted the NYC footprint before the next round of negotiations for BTN.

BTN is on basic cable in all member markets. Others can only get it as part of a premium sports package.
I think the next round of cable negotiations are going to see a cut in pay outs.

Reactions: greenpeach
The Rugrats and YouCon? Are you trying to drag the ACC down to FCS level?
Just proposed the question because since those two rumored to join the ACC around the time us and Syracuse joined, it could’ve had certain ripple effects (W/L’s) on Pitt’s football program. Or, say they split the divisions into north and south, Pitt could’ve had a few more conference championship appearances. Just some food for thought during this time of sports deprivation.

I still believe the conference jumping occurred because of cable boxes/revenue. Technology is showing that this is not the pathway forward and that is hurting the Big 10.

Let's see whre they are after this year and their TV contracts run out.

In any event, their television contracts don't run out after this year. They signed a six year deal with ESPN and Fox that started with the 17-18 school year. That would mean that the last year of the deal would be 22-23, not 20-21.

Just proposed the question because since those two rumored to join the ACC around the time us and Syracuse joined, it could’ve had certain ripple effects (W/L’s) on Pitt’s football program. Or, say they split the divisions into north and south, Pitt could’ve had a few more conference championship appearances. Just some food for thought during this time of sports deprivation.
I doubt the ACC would EVER consider a North South division split.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT