ADVERTISEMENT

I think that the ACC is about to prove quite a few people...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
...They were absolutely wrong in their judgement of teams in the ACC for basketball this year.
The public perception that the ACC is some how of a second tier league is laughable. While it is true that this year the ACC does not have the Top 10 presence of a North Carolina or Duke program, it does have several above average teams that if they were in any other league, SEC, Big 12) would would have a higher national ranking then they currently do now.
Teams like Miami, Virginia, Clemson, Duke, UNC, North Carolina State and yes even PITT. These are all programs that in past years have made March Madness with very similar records as they have now. This year though, because the lack of a team with a Top 10 ranking has made the ACC look inferior to the other Power 5 conferences and I just do not believe that to be the case.
In Pitt's case, this was a team that was within 2 points of winning the ACC regular season title. If that game is played in Pittsburgh, Pitt wins. Since is was in Miami the 16th ranked Hurricanes, who were playing for that same title, won.
I am really looking forward to seeing how the ACC tournament teams do in the post season. I can tell you this, if UNC was playing in the NCAA Tournament, they would probably be the favorite against most of their competitors, especially in the first couple of rounds.
In regards to Pitt, I do find it hilarious that they were the underdogs against Miss. State and now Iowa State. I am not saying those two programs are bad, just that, if they were in the ACC, they have records worse then they do now.
I did pick Pitt to defeat Miss. State. I also think that they can handle Iowa State and for that matter Xavier as well if they get the opportunity to play them. After that, you are getting into games against teams that are probably Top 10 in the rankings and reality has to kick in at that point.
As I said in an another post, I really like this years Pitt team. It has the qualities that I haven't seen in this program for years. I absolutely love the 3 point shooting and foul shooting ability of the players. They just need one "big man" to step up and grab some rebounds as needed and it could make for a very enjoyable run for the basketball program this year.
H2P!

Down goes Virginia to furman.

Well This Is Awkward Imtheapparition GIF - Well This Is Awkward Imtheapparition Well This Is Awkward Gif GIFs

Bad start with VIRGINIA!! Gave it AWAY!!!
Not a bad start by Virginia, that was a HORRIBLE start. What the hell was he thinking to just literally throw the ball up in the air like that?? To make matters worse, they had a timeout to use!!
I truly do not understand how a NCAA D-I basketball player, a SENIOR, doesn't understand the concept of time and space. I have always hated how Virginia plays basketball, slowing down the game is wonderful when you are the underdog. Unfortunately, when you are the favorite and you play that way, you keep your opponent in the game and what happened to them today, "a clutch basket" by an opponent can end your season.
Not a good start at all.

...They were absolutely wrong in their judgement of teams in the ACC for basketball this year.
The public perception that the ACC is some how of a second tier league is laughable. While it is true that this year the ACC does not have the Top 10 presence of a North Carolina or Duke program, it does have several above average teams that if they were in any other league, SEC, Big 12) would would have a higher national ranking then they currently do now.
Teams like Miami, Virginia, Clemson, Duke, UNC, North Carolina State and yes even PITT. These are all programs that in past years have made March Madness with very similar records as they have now. This year though, because the lack of a team with a Top 10 ranking has made the ACC look inferior to the other Power 5 conferences and I just do not believe that to be the case.
In Pitt's case, this was a team that was within 2 points of winning the ACC regular season title. If that game is played in Pittsburgh, Pitt wins. Since is was in Miami the 16th ranked Hurricanes, who were playing for that same title, won.
I am really looking forward to seeing how the ACC tournament teams do in the post season. I can tell you this, if UNC was playing in the NCAA Tournament, they would probably be the favorite against most of their competitors, especially in the first couple of rounds.
In regards to Pitt, I do find it hilarious that they were the underdogs against Miss. State and now Iowa State. I am not saying those two programs are bad, just that, if they were in the ACC, they have records worse then they do now.
I did pick Pitt to defeat Miss. State. I also think that they can handle Iowa State and for that matter Xavier as well if they get the opportunity to play them. After that, you are getting into games against teams that are probably Top 10 in the rankings and reality has to kick in at that point.
As I said in an another post, I really like this years Pitt team. It has the qualities that I haven't seen in this program for years. I absolutely love the 3 point shooting and foul shooting ability of the players. They just need one "big man" to step up and grab some rebounds as needed and it could make for a very enjoyable run for the basketball program this year.
H2P!
We’ll give you a mulligan for Virginia. After all, they’re prone to choke in the first round. :oops:

Pitt advancing is what matters the most.

Duke is the best team in the ACC, so if they make the Final 4 it will be good for the conference and my betting slip.

Reactions: YourPittDanceTeam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT