ADVERTISEMENT

What is this message circulating from Alliance 412

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
There is a post on the pay board about it. I am an Alliance 412 member and haven't heard anything. Is this really premium Pantherlair info? If so, I'll respect the fact there is no mention of it here.

It’s a great time to consider a monthly donation.

All the years people bitched about the blue blood bagmen and how unfair it was. Whether you agree with it or not this is the new reality of college football.

Reminder to those on the fence. Take yourself back to the Robert Foster recruitment and how pissed you were when he announced Alabama—out of nowhere while his mom donned our colors. Think about all of those past blue chip local kids that wouldn’t even sniff Pitt that could’ve changed the trajectory of the program ie Terelle Pryor.

This is your opportunity to legitimately try and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Donate here: https://www.alliance412.com/contribute

All the years people bitched about the blue blood bagmen and how unfair it was. Whether you agree with it or not this is the new reality of college football.

Reminder to those on the fence. Take yourself back to the Robert Foster recruitment and how pissed you were when he announced Alabama—out of nowhere while his mom donned our colors. Think about all of those past blue chip local kids that wouldn’t even sniff Pitt that could’ve changed the trajectory of the program ie Terelle Pryor.

This is your opportunity to legitimately try and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

What team is Foster playing on now???

There is a post on the pay board about it. I am an Alliance 412 member and haven't heard anything. Is this really premium Pantherlair info? If so, I'll respect the fact there is no mention of it here.
They are saying they want SMF to delve into his millions and pony up big time.

The cliff notes:

Middle class can afford 600K homes and can donate $1000 a month to Alliance 412! You win again!

The cliff notes:

Middle class can afford 600K homes and can donate $1000 a month to Alliance 412! You win again!
They cant afford a $1000/month donation but in the right situation, yes, middle class people can afford $600K homes while being house poor. In my example in the other thread, the Eat N Park Mgr husband and teacher wife can afford that but have little to nothing left over at the end of the month.

I knew a guy that worked in a convenience store and bought a brand new BMW. He was an immigrant, his dream was to live in America and drive a BMW. He made it happen. Saved up a ton of cash for like 50% down payment. True story.

I knew a guy that worked in a convenience store and bought a brand new BMW. He was an immigrant, his dream was to live in America and drive a BMW. He made it happen. Saved up a ton of cash for like 50% down payment. True story.
Then he returned back to Venezuela when the cash ran out??

I have a son who is a freshman at Pitt. I also have a neighbor who is a national recruit for football. The idea of giving my neighbor money to play football and go to college just doesn't seem right to me. I would like to see the football team be competitive, but I can't give someone else's kid money while mines is school.

We would have had to do more than just give Robert Foster money to come to PITT. Alabama agreed to do an entrance exam over video speaker while he had an earpiece and another person in the room looking up the answers. Teachers were not allowed to fail him. The kid had talent but lacked the ability to understand how to play in a college offense.

I have a son who is a freshman at Pitt. I also have a neighbor who is a national recruit for football. The idea of giving my neighbor money to play football and go to college just doesn't seem right to me. I would like to see the football team be competitive, but I can't give someone else's kid money while mines is school.
^^^this is where I am at. I have two kids in college (one as a walk-on D2 player). I have no interest in lining the pockets of a player who is already getting everything for free. It just seems absurd to me. The schools get plenty of media money. They can pay them.

I get and that's why a lot of people aren't going to donate. The model is ridiculous. The NCAA has allowed this pay for play model as long as the fans, not the universities pay the player salaries. I have said too many times that they either need to enforce their pay for play rule...and all these collectives are pay for play....or they need to allow universities to pay the players themselves.

^^^this is where I am at. I have two kids in college (one as a walk-on D2 player). I have no interest in lining the pockets of a player who is already getting everything for free. It just seems absurd to me. The schools get plenty of media money. They can pay them.

Which is a why a school like Pitt, with a small and cheap fanbase, needs to be forward thinking. Send everyone who buys season tickets an $1000 Alliance 412 Gift Card. What's the NCAA going to do? Pitt has 2 professional teams now and if they are having issues getting guys paid, they need to do it themselves.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Which is a why a school like Pitt, with a small and cheap fanbase, needs to be forward thinking. Send everyone who buys season tickets an $1000 Alliance 412 Gift Card. What's the NCAA going to do? Pitt has 2 professional teams now and if they are having issues getting guys paid, they need to do it themselves.
Only problem with that though is the next school will send a $1500 for their collective, then the next will send $1650 and so on.

In the current climate, Pitt is done as a high major CFB program. Anything Pitt does, a school with a bigger fanbase with more money will eventually do better.

We would have had to do more than just give Robert Foster money to come to PITT. Alabama agreed to do an entrance exam over video speaker while he had an earpiece and another person in the room looking up the answers. Teachers were not allowed to fail him. The kid had talent but lacked the ability to understand how to play in a college offense.
That’s fine. Was just trying to rally the troops

Only problem with that though is the next school will send a $1500 for their collective, then the next will send $1650 and so on.

In the current climate, Pitt is done as a high major CFB program. Anything Pitt does, a school with a bigger fanbase with more money will eventually do better.
I begrudgingly agree.

I have thought all along that CFB now imitates major league baseball. Texas A&M, Georgia, Ohio state have become the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox.

I also think Pitt is much like the Pirates in how they compete (if they even want to, i suppose).

Much like the Bucs, Pitt cant pay enough to win every year.

I think what is going on now is Pitt is building for a future great season....not paying a bunch of borderline kids (they then portal) and spending where deemed essential (Hayes and Bart staying).

Im guessing Okuluna was a tough sell trying to keep him

Anyone else here see the irony?

I hope his Beemer was built here.....

That's true but I still believe the playing field would be much more level if the schools were paying directly or indirectly through my gift card plan. Pitt has plenty of money. Look how much they found for volleyball.

I hear you. I can make a reasonable monthly donation make sense, though, with the following logic:

1) It's just part of the experience, and our season tickets are already like 1/3 the price of many other schools so we're getting off cheap there.

2) This is probably a temporary thing. No way this insanity lasts forever; they'll eventually make all the players employees. We just need to hold our heads above water for a few years.

I hear you. I can make a reasonable monthly donation make sense, though, with the following logic:

1) It's just part of the experience, and our season tickets are already like 1/3 the price of many other schools so we're getting off cheap there.

2) This is probably a temporary thing. No way this insanity lasts forever; they'll eventually make all the players employees. We just need to hold our heads above water for a few years.

And when the players are employees, there will be a salary cap and the sport will be much better for it. I think you are probably 10-15 years away from that though. These things move slow

And when the players are employees, there will be a salary cap and the sport will be much better for it. I think you are probably 10-15 years away from that though. These things move slow

I've seen many people predict it within a few years, but who knows? But people seem to unanimously agree that something big is going down around 2029-2030, when the TV contracts expire. I've seen people say that's why Indiana is spending like they currently are - you have to show that you take football seriously and aren't just pocketing the money like Bob Nutting, or you won't be a part of the new model.

I've seen/read people talk about challenging eligibility restrictions of only being allowed to play four years and all sorts of things. If that happens, you just have the next AFL/XFL/USFL, in my opinion. I know the brands would be stronger, but it's still minor leagues at that point.

I've seen many people predict it within a few years, but who knows? But people seem to unanimously agree that something big is going down around 2029-2030, when the TV contracts expire. I've seen people say that's why Indiana is spending like they currently are - you have to show that you take football seriously and aren't just pocketing the money like Bob Nutting, or you won't be a part of the new model.

I've seen/read people talk about challenging eligibility restrictions of only being allowed to play four years and all sorts of things. If that happens, you just have the next AFL/XFL/USFL, in my opinion. I know the brands would be stronger, but it's still minor leagues at that point.

Indiana is spending because they can. They are making $100 million in TV revenue or something like that.

I cant wait for a Sam Hartman million dollar college QB but no real NFL shot type player sues the NCAA for denying them the chance to earn a living.

My donations go to homeless shelters, not an entitled kid who plays a sport. We need to reconsider what is really important in this country.

My donations go to homeless shelters, not an entitled kid who plays a sport. We need to reconsider what is really important in this country.
As always, Jivecat spittin’ the truth out here.

It would be really neat to see actual NIL #'s and not hearsay. Personally, I know a backup SEC DL on a top 25 team who gets 15k/month.

it is beyond absurd, and frankly probably unsustainable. And it should be the schools that pay but it seems like that money is being used for the coaches buyouts probably.

Unfortunately those are the rules currently, so if you chose not to donate you really can't complain when kids like Quinton Martin chose PSU and we have more 6-6 or worse seasons.

it is beyond absurd, and frankly probably unsustainable. And it should be the schools that pay but it seems like that money is being used for the coaches buyouts probably.

Unfortunately those are the rules currently, so if you chose not to donate you really can't complain when kids like Quinton Martin chose PSU and we have more 6-6 or worse seasons.
I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t. I fully recognize that I am part of the problem with the Pitt fan base. But at the end of the day it is just entertainment for me. This past season, I enjoyed going to D2 games to watch my son’s team. I’m fine with that level of football. Pitt football became replaceable once my kids started doing their own things and I found other interests myself. I still pay attention and go to an occasional game. I’m a “bad fan” and I’m OK with that. Wasn’t always the case, I just got older and developed other interests.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT