ADVERTISEMENT

What were Pitt's five best teams (modern era)? Also Pitt-UNC 1982 Youtube.

I was at the game in Tallahassee and I agree that Pitt would have beaten FSU if they played again. The FSU punter, Rohn Stark, had an unbelievable game and kept Pitt pinned back the entire game. In the torrential rain, Pitt lost 4 fumbles and Marino threw 3 picks. Carlton Williamson and Terry White missed the game due to injuries and FSU was able to torch their replacements in the secondary for 3 TD passes. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong.
You know the game is on YT, right? You can make excuses of who didn't play or who partied too hard the night before or whatever... but give Bowden credit. He had a great game plan against the Pitt defense and those trap plays exposed the over-aggressive nature of the Foge defense.

Is that the game where Pitt blocked a field goal attempt right before halftime and instead of letting the ball alone ahead of the LOS, picked it up and fumbled? Recovered by UM and they scored a TD?

Unbelievable, I had totally wiped that play from my memory. Pretty sure that was the game, it seemed that era had multiple rain soaked games with odd plays that ended up coming back to haunt Pitt.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT