ADVERTISEMENT

Where were the capels ?

tetonpanther

Freshman
Sep 26, 2005
When hinson was actually gaining weight instead of shedding that beer gut where were his coaches. Why allow Fed play on his national team when he could have spent it working with big man guru O’Toole. Did the twins really lift weights all summer ? They dont look ripped . This is partly sarcastic born outvof frustration .

When hinson was actually gaining weight instead of shedding that beer gut where were his coaches. Why allow Fed play on his national team when he could have spent it working with big man guru O’Toole. Did the twins really lift weights all summer ? They dont look ripped . This is partly sarcastic born outvof frustration .

I thought Fede's summer with the Finnish national team would be a good thing. Its too easy to blame his regression on that but I would have liked to see him stay in Pittsburgh, in hindsight

I thought Fede's summer with the Finnish national team would be a good thing. Its too easy to blame his regression on that but I would have liked to see him stay in Pittsburgh, in hindsight
Agreed its hindsight but when the wheels fall off. Everything is fair game

I mean given the option of national team training and competition or a summer with noted post man developers ToT and Jason Capel, I think I’ll take the national team 10/10 times

I mean given the option of national team training and competition or a summer with noted post man developers ToT and Jason Capel, I think I’ll take the national team 10/10 times

In a training camp type environment, I doubt Fede was doing any lifting, conditioning, or individual skill work in Helsinki. It was probably just practice. He needed to work on his body and individual skill. Im not sure what it is but he is far worse this year. He went from Talib Zanna to Terrell Brown

Fede was never Talib Zanna. Not even close.
I don't believe anyone has tried to imply that. Fede never had an offensive game at all let alone comparable to Zanna. However, there was a 12-15 game stretch last year where he elevated his team due to his interior defense and his ability to catch and finish. He has lost his ability to catch, lost his ability to finish, and worst of all lost any ability to deter an opposing player from scoring. It is like we had two totally different Fede's. I think we are all left flummoxed as to how that could happen.

I don't believe anyone has tried to imply that. Fede never had an offensive game at all let alone comparable to Zanna. However, there was a 12-15 game stretch last year where he elevated his team due to his interior defense and his ability to catch and finish. He has lost his ability to catch, lost his ability to finish, and worst of all lost any ability to deter an opposing player from scoring. It is like we had two totally different Fede's. I think we are all left flummoxed as to how that could happen.

Fede was so good last season, I remember my friend asked my why I was even going to the Pitt/Miss St game because we had no chance to win without him. And though I was still somewhat confident in the Panthers, deep down, I probably didnt think we would win either. I dont know what happened to him. I'd rather have Terrell Brown or Kene Chukwuka right now

Literally, the post he was responding to was:

Although I guess technically he wasn't implying it, he was outright saying it.
Well you got me there. I think it was an exaggeration on SMF's part. Anyone who witnessed the two play would never confuse one for the other. Even good Fede couldn't make a patch on the ass of Talib Zanna.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Well you got me there. I think it was an exaggeration on SMF's part. Anyone who witnessed the two play would never confuse one for the other. Even good Fede couldn't make a patch on the ass of Talib Zanna.

I was exaggerating but I did think last year Fede was good. He was definitely a better defender than Zanna. This year, he's a turnstile.

I believe hyperbole is the descriptor you're looking for. 😉

Put all the blame on the coach ! After all the players themselves are responsible for their own improvement!

In a training camp type environment, I doubt Fede was doing any lifting, conditioning, or individual skill work in Helsinki. It was probably just practice. He needed to work on his body and individual skill. Im not sure what it is but he is far worse this year. He went from Talib Zanna to Terrell Brown
Hate to say it , but Pitt would be better off this yr with T Brown .

This is not a very good roster. Soft. Can’t shoot. Can’t defend the 3. Portal additions = Meh. Players have clearly regressed. Losing Dior and the Papa didn’t help either. #Back2theBasement

Reactions: columbus mike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT