ADVERTISEMENT

While you were sleeping

Pittfan85

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2017
TCU won again to go to 10-0. They beat a good Nevada team after beating a good SMU earlier in the week.

Dixon took over what was probably the worst P5 program and in year two will likely go to the tournament.

Stallings too over what was still a borderline top 25 program and turned it into the worst P5 program.

Watching TCU turn into a top 20 program will be rubbing salt in the wound for pitt fans for a long time.

Man, did we screw up. Thank barnes! Thanks boosters! Thanks fans that had delusions of being duke!

Reactions: USAF Phantom
Do you really think they were a borderline top 25 team. TCU was bad but not void of a few good players. They also had a couple good recruiting classes. @ This is a 10 and 0 record against mostly bad teams . Nevada and SMU not bad but not ranked . Stallings was left with a bunch of guys that wanted their points, didn’t want to play defense, and didn’t want to listen to their coach. I know most us wanted a big name coach and it wasn’t the case. Stallings is our coach and turning our back on him is turning our back on the program. I feel bad looking at the crowd at games and I understand the reason but we have some good prospects that are improving. Be positive and don’t give up.

Do you really think they were a borderline top 25 team. TCU was bad but not void of a few good players. They also had a couple good recruiting classes. @ This is a 10 and 0 record against mostly bad teams . Nevada and SMU not bad but not ranked . Stallings was left with a bunch of guys that wanted their points, didn’t want to play defense, and didn’t want to listen to their coach. I know most us wanted a big name coach and it wasn’t the case. Stallings is our coach and turning our back on him is turning our back on the program. I feel bad looking at the crowd at games and I understand the reason but we have some good prospects that are improving. Be positive and don’t give up.

Be positive and don't give it, that's me !!

H2P !

TCU won again to go to 10-0. They beat a good Nevada team after beating a good SMU earlier in the week.

Dixon took over what was probably the worst P5 program and in year two will likely go to the tournament.

Stallings too over what was still a borderline top 25 program and turned it into the worst P5 program.

Watching TCU turn into a top 20 program will be rubbing salt in the wound for pitt fans for a long time.

Man, did we screw up. Thank barnes! Thanks boosters! Thanks fans that had delusions of being duke!

I don't give two shites about TCU and Dixon. He bolted and left behind a garbage team. TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about moving along and joining this web site. http://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php

Or better yet take some of your 100s of millions of dollars and donate them to Pitt and change things or STFU.

Chris Peak Deep Six this guy already. Phil had more class than this idjit.

I watch TCU as often as possible now. I enjoy watching coach Dixon's offenses.

Trent Johnson left Dixon some pretty good players.

This isn't surprising to me at all. Dixon is a very good coach. All he needs is good players, not great players. Unfortunately, he stopped getting those players at Pitt.

Trent Johnson brought in much better classes at TCU than Dixon at Pitt the last 3 years

Dixon quit recruiting, and what is not said is Barnes love him or hate him, directed Dixon to get rid of the cupcake schedule. The automatic 10 wins he scheduled himself, a request by not just Barnes but the season ticket holders and the Tournament committee eye balling some of these low hanging fruit programs building a resume on low rated schedules. That and ACC, made Jamie pack his bags. I believe that had a major part in his .leaving

Dixon quit recruiting, and what is not said is Barnes love him or hate him, directed Dixon to get rid of the cupcake schedule. The automatic 10 wins he scheduled himself, a request by not just Barnes but the season ticket holders and the Tournament committee eye balling some of these low hanging fruit programs building a resume on low rated schedules. That and ACC, made Jamie pack his bags. I believe that had a major part in his .leaving

He didn't ask him to get rid of ALL the cupcakes. Just 1 or 2. That's not asking much. Ticket sales and interest was dropping

You know all those "blame Jamie" posts and threads that bores and sickens people, exclaiming we need to "move on". Well the reason why they occur on these forums is because an asshole like you keeps on posting every TCU result.

Go be a Horned Frogs fan, seriously if affects you that much.

This has nothing to do with our current situation. Please STOP stirring the pot.

Really look forward to these updates on how a team 2000 miles away is doing.

Enough!!!!!!!

Much more impressed with the TCU win last night than the one over SMU. I see Nevada as a team capable of a run in March and a really tough out for somebody.

SMF is right, Johnson did leave some good talent behind, to be fair though Dixon and his assistants have continued to bring in more.

As mentioned before Ryan Miller deserves the credit for bringing Jaylen Fisher with him, but Dixon was instrumental in getting Brodziansky to return for his senior year rather than going pro in Europe.

This has nothing to do with our current situation. Please STOP stirring the pot.
I’ll stop when people stop telling us that Dixon deserves blame for where the program is at and not stallings

I am waiting for you to address Dixon's last 3 recruiting classes. Who deserved the blame for that? Who deserves more of the blame of Dixon whiffing 3 years in a row? Dixon or Stallings?

Trent Johnson left Dixon some pretty good players.

Ehhhhhh.

Most of the rotation guys are Dixon players. He got Alex Robinson as a transfer. Pulled an Antonio Graves and grabbed Desmond Bane out of nowhere super late in the 2016 cycle. Did the same with Kouat Noi out of Australia. Obviously got Jaylen Fisher in 2016 as well. He got Hamdy as a transfer this past year.

Brodziansky, JD Miller, and Kenrich Williams were either low 3*'s or unknown JC's. Damon Wilson had more stars and accolades as a recruit than any of the Trent Johnson guys currently on the roster.

Karviar Shepherd was pretty highly regarded in the 2013 class, similar to Young. But I think Artis/Jeter tip the scales in Pitt's favor there.

And, to be fair, a lot of Pitt fans liked our 2016 class and were happy that Stallings got all of those guys to re-commit.

So, I hesitate to bash the 2016 class as a bunch of whiffs. Feels too much like shifting the goalposts.

Trent Johnson brought in good players. Thats extremely laughable. They look good now because of the superior coaching. Trent Johnson would be winning one or two league games with these guys. How do I know that? Because thats what happened.

Reactions: Pittfan85

His cupboard wasn't bare.

His cupboard wasn't bare.

Neither was Pitt’s, IMO. Stallings demeanor just rubbed too many players the wrong way and then he made things far worse by running off the guys who didn’t fit his RAGO, no rebound, no defense system. A system, IMO, guaranteed to fail in the ACC without a roster full of 4-5 Star talent like UNC and Duke.

I’ll stop when people stop telling us that Dixon deserves blame for where the program is at and not stallings
There is more than one person to blame. Dixon is one of them, Stallings another, Barnes another. To say either Dixon or Stallings has no blame is to be in denial. The downturn in the last 3 or 4 years of Dixon is a fact. Not fake news. That's not to say Dixon couldn't have returned it to where it was. In fact I think he could of. But that's all water under the bridge and it's time to move on.

There is more than one person to blame. Dixon is one of them, Stallings another, Barnes another. To say either Dixon or Stallings has no blame is to be in denial. The downturn in the last 3 or 4 years of Dixon is a fact. Not fake news. That's not to say Dixon couldn't have returned it to where it was. In fact I think he could of. But that's all water under the bridge and it's time to move on.

Agree conceptually on spreading the blame 3-ways but I wouldn’t put more than 15/20% of it on Dixon. Also, part of Barnes piece should be shared with the spoiled fans who whined and got into Barnes ear about an uninteresting OOC schedule and a boring style of play. Well, they will get their uptempo style Barnes promised them along with a team with multiple years of losing records and a tad too frequent exciting blowout losses.

Reactions: CrazyPaco
FYI- Nevada is ranked, and several of the players contributing for TCU weren't brought in until after Dixon arrived, while their top scorer had transferred. He turned much of that roster over. Any suggestion that they were not bad is revisionist.

Reactions: CrazyPaco
How was the cupboard not bare??? What did Kithcart, Manigault, Nix, etc show you that makes you think we were stocked with so much talent?

Yeah, if Jaime was here last year, we might've won 7-8 games and probably went to the NIT or something, but we'd still be in a bad spot.

NOW, moving forward, it's on Stallings to develop these guys he has in next year and in the next couple classes. That's ALL on him. But you CANNOT say Dixon left Stallings with all this talent and a great situation. That's just idiotic and shows your points are worthless as they don't even try to be objective. Even those who LOVED Dixon and still wish he was here, which I respect, acknowledged he had a rough last couple years. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

I support Pittfan85 because he is jagging off so many arrogant blowhards on the Board. They come from everywhere to defend this current fiasco. They are arrogant because they state with confidence a number of speculative notions as if they were facts: that Pitt's future direction was downhill, that the ACC move was not a good fit, but mostly a bunch of continuing criticisms of Dixon that implicitly justify Barnes' actions, i.e., that Dixon had lost his edge, that Dixon couldn't recruit, that Dixon couldn't coach the new generation, that Dixon was a control-freak, that Dixon scheduled cupcakes, that Dixon was this and that. Stallings' apologists repeat these notions as if they were gospel truths, and that is why it is appropriate to jag them off by throwing their nonsense back at them. Then they come out and whine that they don't want to hear any more about it.

You don't want to hear it?

He is jagging you off because we are 15-point underdogs to the Hoopies on our home court.

He is jagging you off because we are below-200 on ESPN's BPI.

He is jagging you off because there is a thread wondering what might be our best chance to win an ACC game (singular!).

He is jagging you off because our schedule strength is in the mid-200's.

He is jagging you because you're worried about beating Towson.

He is jagging you off because it is fun to piss you off.

Pittfan85 is not alone. He just has more energy than a lot of knowledgeable posters who have left the Board, and he has more interest in the program than the many more people who have stopped watching or attending games out of disgust.

A lot of people are pissed off at what has happened. You're pissed off at Pittfan85 and the other posters who rub this stuff your face? Post some more nonsense justifying this mess. Tell us more about how bad Dixon was.

I support Pittfan85 because he is jagging off so many arrogant blowhards on the Board. They come from everywhere to defend this current fiasco. They are arrogant because they state with confidence a number of speculative notions as if they were facts: that Pitt's future direction was downhill, that the ACC move was not a good fit, but mostly a bunch of continuing criticisms of Dixon that implicitly justify Barnes' actions, i.e., that Dixon had lost his edge, that Dixon couldn't recruit, that Dixon couldn't coach the new generation, that Dixon was a control-freak, that Dixon scheduled cupcakes, that Dixon was this and that. Stallings' apologists repeat these notions as if they were gospel truths, and that is why it is appropriate to jag them off by throwing their nonsense back at them. Then they come out and whine that they don't want to hear any more about it.

You don't want to hear it?

He is jagging you off because we are 15-point underdogs to the Hoopies on our home court.

He is jagging you off because we are below-200 on ESPN's BPI.

He is jagging you off because there is a thread wondering what might be our best chance to win an ACC game (singular!).

He is jagging you off because our schedule strength is in the mid-200's.

He is jagging you because you're worried about beating Towson.

He is jagging you off because it is fun to piss you off.

Pittfan85 is not alone. He just has more energy than a lot of knowledgeable posters who have left the Board, and he has more interest in the program than the many more people who have stopped watching or attending games out of disgust.

A lot of people are pissed off at what has happened. You're pissed off at Pittfan85 and the other posters who rub this stuff your face? Post some more nonsense justifying this mess. Tell us more about how bad Dixon was.

You realize Dixon is gone correct? We might has well taunt each other with how good Ben Howland was.

DixonDelConte

Reactions: pittman71
How was the cupboard not bare??? What did Kithcart, Manigault, Nix, etc show you that makes you think we were stocked with so much talent?

Yeah, if Jaime was here last year, we might've won 7-8 games and probably went to the NIT or something, but we'd still be in a bad spot.

NOW, moving forward, it's on Stallings to develop these guys he has in next year and in the next couple classes. That's ALL on him. But you CANNOT say Dixon left Stallings with all this talent and a great situation. That's just idiotic and shows your points are worthless as they don't even try to be objective. Even those who LOVED Dixon and still wish he was here, which I respect, acknowledged he had a rough last couple years. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

I don't think anyone is saying it is a great situation that JD left Stallings in going forward, though he did leave him a veteran laden team that should have made the tournament. Then it was up to stallings to develop a top 100 guard out of HS in Damon Wilson, and two top 150 recruits in Kitchart and Manigault, to go along with Cam Johnson and Luther. Maybe all of those guys sucked, but if we are writing off freshman and sophomores with limited minutes then I'd like to add: Parker Stewart, Kene Chukwuka, Terrell Brown, Peace Ilegomah, and Samson George

Oh wait, that would be foolish, because they are young players getting limited and often sporadic minutes and should be given some time to develop.

You realize Dixon is gone correct? We might has well taunt each other with how good Ben Howland was.

It is a two way street. Dixon is gone, he absolutely shared some blame here (literally no one has said otherwise) but we see posts constantly stating most of the blame for the current state of the program rests on dixon’s Shoulders. There was just a thread where nearly half the votes blamed Dixon as the primary reason pitt is in its current position.

The fact is that for 10 years we listened to people clamoring for Dixon to move on and constant complaints about him. We constantly heard how pitt was getting Sean miller or Greg Marshall to come here. We constantly heard how pitt would be better off with him gone, and that he had lost it as a coach.

I’m sorry if you don’t like ring reminds of having said those things, but as long as people continue to excuse the mess that stallings and barnes have created I think people need to be reminded what the real issue is, and it ISN’T the current coach at TCU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT