ADVERTISEMENT

Who to cheer for - from PSU's Black Shoes Diary

Apr 30, 2017
All I have to say so far is ...Forys!!

from PSU's Black Shoes Diary

What should you do when none of PSU, Okie State, Ohio State, or Iowa are on your screen? Great question. Excellent question. The answer is “Tier 2 Cheering”. Here are your handy rules for “Tier 2 Cheering”.

1. Cheer against Pitt. This rule ought to go without saying, but just in case, and to avoid legal loopholes during prosecutions or appeals - you always cheer against Pitt. Pitt, plus the top 3 challengers, form the basis of what is known as “the basket of deplorables”.
  2. Cheer for the PSAC schools. That’s the PA State Athletic Conference - Bloomsburg, Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven. They’re tiny, under-funded, teacher colleges, who are Division 2 in all sports, except wrestling. Cheer for them.
  3. Cheer for Army. Do you like America? Good, then cheer for Army. Go Army. Beat Navy.
  4. Cheer for PA high schoolers, unless they wrestle for Pitt, or one of the other deplorables.
There you go - just 4 simple rules to live by in the wrestling game, friends.

Honestly with the exception of routing against Pitt I basically follow those guidelines.

I cheer for Pitt, then WPIAL wrestlers, PA wrestlers, PSAC, then Academies, then underdogs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT